Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i recently purchase a evo 7 that is currently in the garage been repaired, however i wasnt sure the clutch was the only problem with the car.

The clutch did slip really bad you could hear it and feel that their was no grip when taking the clutch off and putting on some revs, but the reason im thinking their is possibly deeper issues is that when i was driven the car as soon as the revs built and boost was about to come in the car shook and juddered violently as if something was stopping the car from moving.

Does this sound like a clutch problem or does it sound like something like cam timing or a problem with the transmission ?

·
Geekmapped.com
915 Posts
Boost will "come in" about 3000 rpm which, as luck would have it, is about the same rpm that you'd notice major vibration caused by the oil pump balancer shaft being out of alignment. Has the cam belt been changed recently? If so then they probably didn't line up the shaft properly and the pulley needs spinning 360 deg (it's on a 2:1 gear).

Not sure about the "stopping the car from moving" bit but it's hard to tell from someone else’s description.

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
Sounds like the front balance shaft is out, causing the vibration. If it feels like hitting a brick wall when it happens, it's boost cut.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestions it does feel like the cars hitting a wall so it could well be boost cut, its running 1.5 bar as far as i know and i think its got a after market ecu but i cant be sure

1 - 6 of 6 Posts