Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's me coming in to work this morning about 06:45, I use my little micra for work (no salt roads for my EVO), anyways it's snowing, there's a few business type on the roads (maybe few drunks!), anyways if I see a gap I'm gone, some of these bods do not like to see their M3's or C class Mercs being taken over on a country road by a Micra :D ha! ha!, anyways all these upset folks were flashing me or keeping their high beams on....WHY? What's the point in that, why can't they face facts even with all their fancy on-board anti skid pant gadgets they still struggle to do 30mph when the weather isn't perfectly dry, so next time if they see a dinky little micra hurl past at a staggering 70mph :) :) Ronin style, please switch off your high beams, swallow your 40|PLS| grand pride and let me pass.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I get exactly the same reaction, be it in the Evo or in the company Fiesta diesel van, you overtake someone....and they leave their high beam on....God knows!

Rich. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Front and rear Fog Lights that bug me! Always ON either deliberate or unintentional that I hate!

Jerry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The UK is a nanny state , the pigs have convinced most people that the speed limit is sacred so the idiots believe that if they obey limits they won't come 2 any harm . Fools . They don't realise that their lack of concentration and utter incompetance r the things they shud most b afraid of.

The above excludes those of the faith (performance drivers)
My 1 own fault accident in my entire driving life must b some sort of statement of driving ability. (he sez expecting a deluge of humerous or scathing comments :))

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unfortunately, people will judge you on their ability, because they feel they can only drive at 40 MPH safely they think no one else should exceed this speed. I know when I am driving any car I have 110% concentration, it seems most people on the roads are not aware of anything around them, and as Evoboy said this is far more dangerous than exceeding the speed limit, and that is why it is so restrictive, to protect us from the majority of fools that use our roads.

A perfect example is fog lights, in this appliance society if someone sees mist or fog, regardless of how thick, they turn on the fog lights without even thinking why they are doing it. Fog lights are there so the car can be seen from behind in thick fog, if someone is following,fog lights should be turned off or they will suffer glare. Fog lights are used when the normal lights can be clearly seen. This just proves the mental capability of the driver, and they no doubt would criticize or flash if you overtook in normal conditions.

Mouton, working in Munich last year, some mornings I was driving to work in the EVO and the temp was -20

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CliveW,
I think you hit the nail on the head with 'people will judge you on their ability', I was in Milton Keynes the other day and approaching a roundabout this woman in Pug 206 coming from the right decided she did not want to carry on going across all the way to the left until she drove by all on coming traffic and without any warning decided to go back on herself i.e. turnback to whence she came, B*tch almost crashed into me, and then as I swerved past her she did not once look like she was in control of her car (speed of 5-10 mph).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts