Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
Evo VI RS
21,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Filled up at Charnock Richard sevices on Saturday

I'm not impressed. Why isn't the country in uproar?!!! :goingmad::goingmad::goingmad::mad::mad::mad:

Let's break that 124.9p/l down using this http://www.abd.org.uk/fuel_tax_calculator.htm:

Cost of Fuel 124.9p/l
VAT rate 17.5%
VAT per litre 18.6p
Cost without VAT 106.30p
Fuel Tax per litre 56.19p
True Fuel Cost 50.11p
Total Tax 74.79p
Including VAT on Fuel Tax 9.83p
% of Forecourt cost which is tax 59.88%
Total tax rate 149.26%

Attachments

·
#armchairtuner
8,722 Posts
It just keeps on going up and up all the time, a little bit at a time. They think we wont notice if they do it in small steps and don't annouce it. Time for some action...

·
Registered
526 Posts
there is no oil peak!
the damn companies just want us to believe that oil is finite.....but IT ISN`T!
ever heard of abiotic oil? oil is infinite!
man, shell know that very well, but they keep this in secret...just to rise up the prices when ever they want!
it is time to get maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!

·
Registered
11,496 Posts
well could we go for the biggest evo meet ever, the M25 would be fine, nice and wide and long. I did wonder why no-one seems to mention cost of fuel these days.

·
Premium Member
1,472 Posts
+1:thumbup: :goingmad:

I'm up for a protest :goingmad:

Seriously... I'm sick of this country taking the ****.
Agree 100%

I am paying £1.24 a litre!

My Diesel is even costing me £.120/litre!!! Thats V-Power Diesel

:frust::frust::frust:

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
so what you gonna do - get rid of the evo ??????????
No that's what they want.
If you think about it Kins, that really isn't what "They" want, after all as long as we're driving these gas guzzlers around we're all just making "They" richer.

The only way you can hurt them is in the pocket, buy a cheap diesel run it on chip fat and don't ever put a bean towards petrol or diesel.

But then you miss out on the Evo, rock and a hard place springs to mind. :mad:

·
Premium Member
Evo VI RS
21,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
"2009 Fuel Tax Figures
2009 fuel duty (as of 1 September 2009) in the United Kingdom is:
•56.19 pence per litre for main road fuels, unleaded petrol and diesel
•65.91 pence per litre for leaded petrol
•36.19 pence per litre for biodiesel and bioethanol
•22.16 pence per kg for road fuel natural gas
•27.67 pence per kg for road fuel liquefied petroleum gas ('LPG')

On 1 December 2008 a permanent 2p increase in fuel tax was introduced to offset the rate cut in VAT from 17.5% to 15% bringing the duty rate for the main road fuels up to 52.35p per litre.

On 1 April 2009 the duty rate for unleaded petrol and diesel was icreased by 1.84 ppl to 54.19p per litre and again on 1 September 2009 by 2 ppl to reach the current level of 56.19 per litre. These rates will be increased further on 1 April 2010 to 2013 by 1% above inflation each year."

http://www.petrolprices.com/fuel-tax.html

~Have they dropped the 2% fuel increase now VAT is back up to 17.5%?
My money is on no! Robbing *******s :goingmad:

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I'm up for a meet on the m25, although this would kind of defeat the object as I'd have to fill up to get there and fill up to get back, increasing the amount of fuel I would normally use.

It also won't make any difference, but I would still join in just to make a stand.

·
Registered
11,496 Posts
how many cars do you think it would take to cause a real slow down on the M25? say between A1 and M3? starting rush hour. also getting lots of other owners clubs involved. I dont think we should call it a protest, more a long way round to work. :lol:

·
Premium Member
Evo VI RS
21,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I've done a bit of research and I don't think there is a minimum speed limit on UK motorways. However I think there are laws about "Failure to make safe, reasonable progress".

I'm sure you could get fined for it but to be honest I would be willing to sacrifice my time and a bit of money for petrol and fines to make a point.
All this country needs is a catylst for people to get on their high horse and start complaining in mass about the price of fuel. A domino effect if you like.
We could be that first domino.

If people sit by and do nothing then the price of petrol is just going to go up and up and up. The whole cost of living is going up yet our wages remain the same. How long is it before enough is enough and the country revolts.

Revolution is now.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts