Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN GREAT BRITAIN DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF PETROL FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER 4.6 BILLION POUNDS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE MAY 19TH HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT UP THEIR BEHIND" DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF PETROL THAT DAY. THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WAITING ON THIS GOVERNMENT TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED A FORTNIGHT AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF PETROL GOING UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC.

WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN. SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD.

FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW.

MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE MAY 19TH A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF GREAT BRITAIN SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
u know the sad thing is my mate just came from dubai after a holiday

its 25 pence a litre for fuel bud for normal customers at petrol stations

and the british government will def be getting it alot cheaper than that and other companies etc like shell, it dont justify the charges their hitting us with even if they make excuses like we have to clean it etc

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,883 Posts
IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT THE MORE CAPITAL LETTERS YOU USE IN AN ON-LINE CAMPAIGN THE MORE SERIOUSLY PEOPLE TAKE YOU. AFTER ALL, IF YOU'RE GOING TO ANNOY PEOPLE WITH WHAT IS TECHNICALLY A VIRUS, WHY NOT ANNOY THEM AS MUCH AS YOU CAN BY WRITING IT IN ALL CAPS?

BTW FOLKS I HAVE A TIP FOR YOU...IF YOU WANT TO BUY PETROL AND NOT HAVE TO QUEUE THEN TRY BUYING SOME ON MAY 19TH COS I HEAR THE PUMPS ARE GOING TO BE DESERTED. I KNOW THAT BLOCKADES WHICH BROUGHT THE COUNTRY TO A HALT DIDN'T WORK, BUT SENDING THIS E-MAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW IS A SURE-FIRE WAY OF MOBILISING THE WHOLE COUNTRY! EITHER THAN OR I'M JUST AN ATTENTION WHORE.

WOOT!!!!!!11

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
GlobalGB said:
Does it still count if I stock up the day before and buy twice as much two days later? ;)
Definitely, that will screw those money grabbing oil merchant bas'tards right over :rolleyes:

Gicho - get used to rising oil prices, they aren't gonna come down again. The $100 barrel is not far away (nor the $150 or $200).

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
mud said:
What a load of crap.

Why are the Arab nations or the petrolium companies to blame??? Dont you think the taxation on petrol is the reason that prices are so high??
ditto it aint the arabs , their selling it to cheap anyway to the world :D while getting milked dry the idiots its our governments who impose so much tax and their all bastards and rip us all off

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
mud said:
What a load of crap.
Well said Mud.

Firstly, most of the price of petrol is tax. Secondly, this type of protest would only hurt if we also didn't use our cars on the day in question. If we use the cars and just fill up on another day, the amount of petrol sold would still be the same.

What type of person who thinks up these protests? They really have no idea. Blockades worked, stupid "don't buy petrol" doesn't.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I have a surefire plan to get the governmant to reduce taxes on cigarettes and alcohol, but it involves getting the entire country to give up smoking and go teetotal. Do you think it will work?

PS this might also work on income taxes, but it would involve everyone quitting on the same day, and I'm not sure we could make sure everyone got hired back the day after without companies offering you less money to have your old job back... :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
Gicho said:
IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN GREAT BRITAIN DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF PETROL FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER 4.6 BILLION POUNDS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE MAY 19TH HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT UP THEIR BEHIND" DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF PETROL THAT DAY. THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WAITING ON THIS GOVERNMENT TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED A FORTNIGHT AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF PETROL GOING UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC.

WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN. SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD.

FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW.

MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE MAY 19TH A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF GREAT BRITAIN SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"
:p whatta loada [email protected]

·
Registered
878 Posts
MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE MAY 19TH A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF GREAT BRITAIN SAY "Gicho is a muppet!!"

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
moses said:
simon me thinks we have to go back and ride horses and drive carts again :D no fuel just hay and no pollution :D and no road tax
I thought you were doing that anyway since your car has been tucked away at the tuners for the past two millenium? ;) :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Stupid fool

Aidy said:

BTW FOLKS I HAVE A TIP FOR YOU...IF YOU WANT TO BUY PETROL AND NOT HAVE TO QUEUE THEN TRY BUYING SOME ON MAY 19TH COS I HEAR THE PUMPS ARE GOING TO BE DESERTED. I KNOW THAT BLOCKADES WHICH BROUGHT THE COUNTRY TO A HALT DIDN'T WORK, BUT SENDING THIS E-MAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW IS A SURE-FIRE WAY OF MOBILISING THE WHOLE COUNTRY! EITHER THAN OR I'M JUST AN ATTENTION WHORE.

WOOT!!!!!!11
If you are serious with the tone you put over then i feel i'd have to say to you what a pitty with such an attitude, if enough people stood up and said no then the the sittuation would have to change, but, and a big but, if we were to adopt the attitude that you express then, well, go figure.

Our country is founded by such civil protests, maybe you have enough money and can afford to pay such rediculous prices, if that is the case then your all right jack stance is a worry, but maybe look from above your parrapit and see what the real world is all about, for many people those exrta pennies saved can go towards something other than another thank you hand that is thrust forward in there faces, you get my drift? in an ideal world it could be given to those less fortunate than ourselves, the list is endless.

Before you run off at the mouth, THINK, this is not an attack, just pointing a few things out to you.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts