Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tarmac Tyre Shredder
14,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi...ive changed my power steering pump because the old one was noisey (whine)...the 2nd hand one ive bought and fitted is VERY noisey:cry:...whines like hell with engine revs.:mad::cry:

Ive done the lock to lock thing,and new fluid...REALLY bad whine...gutted.

Is there anyone who refurbs the pumps??

Or has anyone got a new one?

New ones from mitzy are silly prices!

Please help,as ive got 2 trackdays in the next 2 weeks all paid for and cant do them at the moment:goingmad::cry:

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Camskill do a seal rebuild kit for them but i dont think this will sort the whine. personally id put up with it as mine and a few other evos ive seen at various versions (5's/6's etc) whine a bit.

it could be possible your new pump has an airlock that is stubborn to clear or that the pump isnt in great condition to start with... try bleeding or pulling some fluid from the pump when running by slacking the banjo very very slighlty and see if this helps. be warned, it will be messy and you dont want to to undo it too much as its gonna be high pressure.

·
Tarmac Tyre Shredder
14,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote=personally id put up with it as mine and a few other evos ive seen at various versions (5's/6's etc) whine a bit.

Thanks mate...but you wouldnt put up with it if you heard it....massive whine!!:cry:....not bothering with a seal kit,as i doubt it will cure it.

Does the pump have bearings?...can it be refurbed..?

On the look out for a new pump:mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts