Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Chief Nerf Herder
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The disaster that is my E7 gearbox swap out continues with more carnage!

Car has been off the road for about 2 months and is on axles stands in the garage. After swapping gearbox and getting back to almost being done, I decided to lock the steering from one side to the other to let me change my front pads.

When I locked the steering to the right I heard a squirting noise from the engine bay. Got son to turn steering and spotted fluid squirting out the top of the PS reservoir. Question is, what could be causing this? Could it just be because car has been off the road for a while, thus no pump turning?

Or is it more likely down to damage somewhere? I cannot see how the pipes over by the cams could be damaged as they have loads of room. Only thing I can think of is if I damaged something on the steering rack getting the rear mount to clear, or when putting it back in. Or if I hit something taking the transfer case off?

:cry::cry::cry:

·
Registered
30,780 Posts
could have a air lock in it, keep turning s'wheel left to right holding the wheel on full lock working the pump harder

·
Registered
423 Posts
Mine did that when it was stored in the garage and i was moving it around without the engine on, when you get it back on the road top it up make sure theres no air in it, its not an issue far as i know

·
Chief Nerf Herder
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Phew! Took ages to do the swap - the auto box is a beast - so hoping this is not an issue or it will further delay getting back on the road. Stsrting to get withdrawal symptoms :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts