Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i need some help with trying to sort out my engine management light fault. Anybody know how or if you can trace a fault using the commander?

Had a look through the settings today, the only thing i could see that looked abit strange was MDP voltage. With the ignition on, it fluctuates between 0.05v to 4.00v and with the engine running at idle it just sits at 0.05v.

I need to know what and where the MDP is and could it be faulty?

The fault is EML comes on at idle but goes out when its on boost.

Thanks
Shane.

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
Manifold Differential Pressure.

I see you have a 7. You may have the MDP sensor missing as some 7's do. Its located on the front/top of the inlet manifold to the left of where the throttle cable bolts up, and to the right of the fuel pressure reg.

Chances are you just have the casting left there where it wasn't machined for the MDP sensor.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just an update:
Had another look at it today, the light is on until you hit 6000 rpm then it goes out and then comes back on when the revs start dropping again.

Someone must have come across this before :cry:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
btt help still needed.

Anyone know what the power fc is set to to bring the light on, its obviously not picking up a fault like the oe ecu would but what does the power fc pick up ????

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
depends how the mapper has set it.

its factory set to flash quickly for knock levels above 60 or a slow flash for injector duty above 98%.

but that doesn't sound like what you have described. did you check the MDP sensor?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi yes you were right it hasnt got a MDP i have noticed in the past if id put lesser fuel in than optimax the light would give you a quick flash so i would have thought that was picking up knock.

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
did you not say a sensor was wired in though? if its not got one wired into the right pin at the ecu then thats more than likely the problem.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the only thing i can see what is nt a factory part is externally mounted to the inlet manifold with one pipe t to the fuel presure reg and 3 wires that have been taped into the loom im thinking its somthing to do with the avcr but im not 100%,the problem only occcured do to me jet washing the engine prior to that it was fine,iv also tried another maf sensor and thats made no difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts