Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

On my E7 I am running a Power FC and AVC-R boost controller. There are a couple of things that I’m not sure are normal, so any re-assurance or help would be grateful, cheers.

1) Cooling fan
Since having the Power FC installed I’ve noticed, or not noticed, the cooling fan doesn’t seem to come on very often. Is this normal? I’ve got a Ralliart thermostat fitted but that was in before.

2) ‘Running-on’
There’s a section of road I drive that has 2 small roundabouts quite close to each other. Exit the first in 2nd gear, revs right up, don’t change to 3rd as entering the second, just back off and the revs stay high, it doesn’t drop off as you would expect. Only briefly, but the car then isn’t doing what you expect so it catches you out. What would this be? I am running Forge re-circ dump valve and standard actuator.

3) Battery Issues
Car had been unused for a fortnight as been away. Come to start and not enough juice to turn over, so get the jump leads on it and it seemed to throw a bit of a fit – it wouldn’t start, then when it did it wouldn’t hold any revs. Was able to drive and it seemed ok, just at idle it was revving too high. Seems alright now. My main concern is whether the ECU would have somehow lost it’s map and was re-learning, in which case I need to get it checked over.

Any response on these appreciated, thanks.

Kevin.

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
Not sure on the fan, will have to check software to see about fan settings.

Your idling & running on will be down to your flat battery i'd say, as it is probably learning its idle again. You shouldn't have lost the map at all as the ecu can be unplugged and plugged back in no probs without losing map.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Rich,

If you can check the fan that would be great.

Kevin.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Fan is set at 90-100deg c on the Power FC. standard is 80 something.

It won't cause any issues. You can't adjust it unless you have FC pro software. FC Datalogit won't do it.

Guess who is getting a copy of FC Pro.. :D

Rich.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
EVO6RSS said:
Fan is set at 90-100deg c on the Power FC. standard is 80 something.

It won't cause any issues. You can't adjust it unless you have FC pro software. FC Datalogit won't do it.

Guess who is getting a copy of FC Pro.. :D

Rich.
Cheers Rich.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello everyone... I'm new to the site
Just wondering, are there many of you who uses Power FC or planning to use?? How much can you get it at (with everything including the display).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts