Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having had a PFC fitted and mapped recently and am currently resisting the temptation to fiddle with the Commander!! However I would like to understand what the Commander is showing. I currently have it set on the screen that shows Water temp/intake temp/knock and revs. I do not have the boost module fitted so cannot get it to show me boost but are there any other displa screens showing other parameters? Also my maper told me the knock section should not really ever show above 20 but I may see 15. I have actually seen 16 twice since it was mapped 2 weeks ago. Is this ok/normal????????

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
MikeyG said:
Having had a PFC fitted and mapped recently and am currently resisting the temptation to fiddle with the Commander!! However I would like to understand what the Commander is showing. I currently have it set on the screen that shows Water temp/intake temp/knock and revs. I do not have the boost module fitted so cannot get it to show me boost but are there any other displa screens showing other parameters? Also my maper told me the knock section should not really ever show above 20 but I may see 15. I have actually seen 16 twice since it was mapped 2 weeks ago. Is this ok/normal????????

Thanks

Mike
You can view 1, 2, 4 or 8 parameters on the commander and you can select which ones you want.

The ECU light will flicker when you see more than 60 on the knock count. Seeing under 20, as stated by your mapper seems a fair comment. To see 16 is fine - nothing to worry about. My car is mapped very similar but some days can see up to 18 - but again this is fine.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate. Wish I could find an English user guide for the Commander as Im too frightened to play with it without instruction!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts