Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone :)
has anyone had/heard the full turbo back power engineering exhaust including the sports cat?
a sound clip woud be ideal :D
im thinking about buying one and wanted to know how it sounded?
thanks
chris

·
Premium Member
11,249 Posts
I had the single exit pipe version on my old car. Wasn't a full system, just cat back. Was a very well made exhaust. Quite loud though. Louder than my HKS Hyper Muffler, but not as loud as a Blitz.

Here's a pic

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I have the EV75 catback on my 6, and even with the original cat still on it's loud. I suspect the full turbo-back system will rival the Blitz for noise to be honest. As DaveGs pic shows it also follows the oem exhaust tunnel so you don't actually lose any ground clearance either (handy if you're in a dense speedbump area like me). ;)

It also means it's not as straight as some of the other exhausts like the 5Zigen or Blitz, which could in theory cost a bit of top-end power (although that's probably only true if you're running over 400bhp in my opinion, since the 2.5" oem manages 300bhp without any problems).

I don't think I've got the kit to make a sound clip, although if you're thinking of coming along to the RR day at Silverstone on the 9th you can have a good listen there :D

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Ive got Dave g's old system and its a very nice exhaust. very well made,the welds are spot on ,a very nice sound at idle and on full power without being stupidly loud.
And again as Numptyscrub said you can still go over speed bumps without it catching.

Dunc

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks alot for the replies everyone :)
really appreciate it
iv done a quick search and one owner of the turbo back system found his sport cat melt :eek: so i think il knock that on the head

will the pe downpipe fit onto the standard cat or will i have to buy a decat?

also how does the exhaust look when looking at the rear of the car because i have the hks super dragger fitted at the moment and the pipe hangs down enough for it to look terrible

so i was looking for an exhaust that tucks the pipe work up neater or buy something like a blitz that scraps that bend all together

any comments please

thanks again
chris

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Hi Chris

If you are stood behind the car the exhaust comes out straight.

Im not sure on the downpipe,but i have a decat and then the pe pipe.i would have thought that their downpipe would match up to the standard cat but ring them just to make sure.

the pipework is tucked up high and looks nice and neat.
I'll try and get some pics at the weekend so you can see.

hope that helps

Dunc

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks again everyone :)

has anyone got a pic knealing down behind the car please?
i ask because i have a super dragger at the moment which takes the same path as the pe i think and i dont like how low the piping hangs, low enough to see when following behind it.

also how does the blitz compare, i know this takes a more direct route,
will i have clearance problems owning an extreme (comes standard with lowered suspension)

thanks alot :)
chris

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks alot dave thats exactly what i was after :D

its definately better than the hks i currently have but i think it probably still hangs low enough for a following car to see, and thats what i wanted to avoid

it does look like a quality exhaust though

is it possible to buy the system as a true 3" diameter system if i bought the downpipe and decat as well or does it taper down at the cat in all their systems?

has anyone got any similar pics of the blitz please

thanks again dave :D
chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts