Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone friendly with anyone there, as I personally think it would be good to have a rolling road day there, sometime in the near future, especially as most of the rolling road days are just too far for me.

Anyone going to take up the challenge??

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Yeh - I know them all VERY well as they did all the work on my motor.

What help do you need?

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Blade, as you are a Master Member, I thought that you may be the best person for the job!!

I would be nice to have one set up there soon!

I suppose I could help, but I am not very good at that sort of thing. i could provide the sandwiches!

But seriously, I would be willing to help organise something (but never have done before)

I suppose we need to see how many people are prepared to come, what price PE will charge, and what day - I suppose Saturday is best for most people, although any day suits me.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
AntsEvo, I have mailed PE for you and asked for dates/prices etc.

Who would want to go to this? You can compare your power outputs to mine :D :D!

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
I would be interested in this. Also, I should be going there on the 3rd November for a quick power run.

Si

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Blade,
Knew you would get that in!
Would like to see what my power is now and importantly the torque figures.

If simon is going on the 3rd November - that could be a good day - although may not be enough notice.

Suppose we ought to see what PE say...cheers for that blade

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
PE said no problem. Need to talk to Mervyn, who does the rollers, but he is on hols till tomorrow. Suggest you call Mervyn next Monday (don't disturb him mapping my car :) ) and work out some dates with him. Discounts etc. will depend on numbers I assume.

Let me know what dates you get from him and I shall see if I can come down - although my graphs will be there even if I am not!

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
I am going on the 3rd November now. I will speak to the guys there to see if we can arrange anything.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Simon, thanks for that let me know what the say, will then post message on board to see how many are willing to take it up.

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
I may be interested in coming.depending on cost and dates.
The MLR rr days cost about £25 so if it is around that I will go.
Perhaps some more of the Berkshire massive will go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
I've tagged onto a couple of PE R/R days with other car clubs and the prices were £25 |PLS| VAT one day and £30 incl. VAT the other.

Steve.

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
is this a continuation of the im speechless thread where i was told rolling roads were for pub talk
if it is,then im speechless !

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
Everything is a continuation of speechless....or will it??

Has anyone managed to get through to PE, i tried about 7 times today and got an answerphone saying they were tuning a car.....bet I know who that road rolling hog is!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
RR's are not the best way to set the car up and on the road is the best way.

For what it's worth, I would forget all thoughts about rolling roads and BHP/Torque figures - Leave it for the guys down the pub who DON'T have the kind of car you are fortunate enough to own.
If it feels right, it IS right and you don't need a rolling road to tell you that!

Agree totally with SuperL. Leave the rolling roads to those who would rather boast than drive

The limitation is on a rolling road which is very one dimentional in its approach.

G

·
Discussion Starter #17
I thought one of the reasons of holding a rolling road was for everyone to to meet up, the last rolling road I went to, I met a lot of people who use the board, and it was nice to put a face to the name.

Obviously I totally agree that the best way to set a car up is on the road (as mine was done), but its also still nice to have a proper printout of what the car is doing compared to others that are there on the day - that puts everyone on a level pegging as regards to same day and amp; same machine setup.

One very useful thing that I also found was that it can locate problems, as I found out!!, boost pressure can be checked and to see when and if it falls off, as well as your own torque figures.

G

·
Discussion Starter #19
Unbelievable! On another thread peopel are claiming they can feel the diference between fuels where the diference might be 5 bhp or less, whilst here there are claims are you need to go on a rolling road to see if your car is running properly. Things that make you go mmmm...

G

·
Discussion Starter #20
Simon,

You must know I have to disagree with you on this one, remember when I first picked up my car.....I thought it felt slower than my 6, well until I got it on the Rolling Road I did not know. True it would have been different if someone else drove the car, but that did not happen

1 - 20 of 59 Posts