Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After fitting a boost controller last night and playing around with the setting my car peaked at 1.87 bar for a second.. I know this is FAR to hight for a standard EVO.. Like I say it was only for a second.. Andy_rsx is gona help me adjust it correctly tonight.. At the moment it only peaks at 0.6 bar now, so thats safe..

But the question is.. While I was messing with the settings last night, and I hit 1.87 bar, I could have bent conrods and/or damaged a pistons.. How would one tell if I hvae done this.?. I am now feelling sick at the thought of me damaging my car.. Is there any way I can check everything is ok, by just listening to the engine or what? Please help, I can't work atm, all I have on my mind is my engine!! :(

It sounds fine to me, but last night it started to make a mad noise I never heard before, by the right side of the engine where the belt is, like a rubbing sound, but I cant hear it today.. Will the engine be ok??

Any advice?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Chris,
I've known of another Evo that overboosted to 1.7 bar on standard internals and survived OK if that's any help.

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just spoke to RC, they said If I had damaged the engine, it most likely wouldnt be working now?

But I dunno!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
djack,

it is most unlikely that running for a second at 1.87bar is going to damage anything. Unless you run into detonation then normally any internal failure would occur after a much longer period i.e a few hundred miles.

chill out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dont worry about it was only a second wasnt it and they say just custard runs 1.7 bar with standard pistons and rods

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Djack my friend

DONT WORRY about it!! There's no way you have damaged the engine by peaking to 1.87 bars.

If you hold that boost for longer periods, then eventually you might, that's it.

For your peace of mind, my rally team's Evo peaks at 2.5 bars and holds 1.8 on std internals (they are not allowed to change them in GrN) The engine blew after 3 special stages ie 50 miles of full throttle with that setup. Not after 1 sec. Chill. Everything is ok! Your Evo loves you and so do I :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL love you to Claud..;)

Ta for info, I know it should be ok, was a little worried as just got the damn thing back after a 3 month wait! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Probably not very fast, as the car would have been unable to supply the correct fuelling for the high boost.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts