Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't suppose anyone can find out the postcode of the registered keeper of a Renault Clio BN 52 KCX?
We bought it from auction but can't tax it because dvla has shut all their offices and the post office need the postcode of the last keeper.
It'd be a great help.
Cheers.

·
Registered
30,780 Posts
The last owners address will be on the log book won't it ?

·
Premium Member
7,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I aint got any log book
the car was a cat c so we repaired it and did the vic check and when we went to tax it some foul up by someone and the car still has a registered keeper where it should have been shown as sold to the trade so we cant tax it without filling a form in and that takes 6-8 weeks.
btw i edited the reg as i put it down wrong in the first post.

·
Registered
323 Posts
This is what the V62 is for,

after you pass the VIC check, send dvla the vic pass and the v62 and you will get a V5. Bit of a pain to do now after they closed the dvla offices as you could tax it with the vic pass and v62 there and then.

·
Premium Member
7,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is what the V62 is for,

after you pass the VIC check, send dvla the vic pass and the v62 and you will get a V5. Bit of a pain to do now after they closed the dvla offices as you could tax it with the vic pass and v62 there and then.
Precisely. Now its 6-8 weeks which doesn't really help the person who bought the car to tax it. How much sh!t is that gonna cause?
We're trying to pay tax for god's sake.

·
Registered
323 Posts
its up to 8 weeks in reality for normal applications. As its a cat c / vic check it should be much faster turn around (days). Not that I have ever done it

·
Premium Member
7,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
its up to 8 weeks in reality for normal applications. As its a cat c / vic check it should be much faster turn around (days). Not that I have ever done it
Yeah it might be but i'd bet a fortnight at least.
This woman bought the car on Sunday and when we went to tax it we couldn't.
Now she's screaming blue murder and i don't blame her.If someone could get the p/code of the keeper we'd have it cracked.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts