Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, this forum is very usefull when it comes to things like this.. After reading what was said in the other post about the gearbox oil degrading very quickly and Ralliart not suggesting the oil get changed sooner on there service sheets, I went ahead and got mine changed at 12,500, and guess what, its was Yellow very thin and had a silver shine to it.. There was nothing wrong with my gearbox, but peace of mind isnt it.. Also at my local garage they said 2 evos have just been in for worn bearings (and shims is it??) in the gearbox, they seem to thinks its a batch from Warrenders imports around the 99 T reg mark which mine comes under soo... Anyway ta for info again people!

Chris.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Check out this link for the latest details on the gearbox bearings fault.
Now let me guess, your local garage is a Ralliart dealer? The Warrenders comment is a load of old ******** and you better tell them not to bandy that about as it could amount to slander! Any Evo (6 only so far I think) can be effected by the bearing problem and my local dealer has now repaired four cars, three imports and one offical UK car, they have another car booked in to do.
All Evos come from the same production line and I hate it when some dealers suggest that official UK cars are better than grey imports and they don't like it when I tell them they are talking out their arse! http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/embarassed1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >
Anyway read through the link above for more details as I hate retyping ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts