Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Evo 6 GSR is getting its first service next week. So far I've been adhering to a 3500rpm rev limit, with only a handful of forays a few hundred rpm higher. Could any of the experts on this board please advise on how I should continue the running in process after the first service? The handbook isn't really of much use, and in the absence of other information, had in mind a 5000rpm rev limit for the next one or two thousand miles. I intend to cherish/keep the car, so don't want to compromise its longevity for the sake of a bit of fun next week as opposed to in a few weeks time.

TIA for any replies,

Gary.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Run it in smoothly, get closer to the limit gradually.
Always let it heat up gently, for a minute or 2. I mean standing with the engine running (cold start). That's what I do.
Don't forget to really give it to your engine so it doesnt accumulate blach stuff inside. If you've done 1000 miles, and the engine is really warm, you can rev it up once in a while.

Or you can have it run in for you on the rolling road.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Claudius!

I enjoy driving it too much (even with limited revs) to run it in on a rolling road.

Gary.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gradually use more revs and load now upto 1500 miles , say 800 extra revs every 100 miles.
Also use full throttle bursts thru say second and third gears during this period every so often.
Just remember to constantly change the load on the engine so avoid constant speed use on motorways.
Actually I wud not start from cold and idle the engine for longer than 15-20 secs , the sooner the engine reaches operating temp the better.
After 1500 miles give it massive and enjoy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts