Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My TME was serviced 1,500 miles ago by a main dealer which included 5.1 litres of sully synthetic oil at £12.10/litre on the bill.

I've just taken it to Camskill Motorsport now (whom I trust implicitly) to have the oil temperature sensor fitted. They changed the sump plug without dropping the oil, a few drops were spilled. The few drops of oil that came out were very black indeed. The mechanic said that he didn't think strike him as a top quality oil and he didn't think it should be as black as it was after only 1,500 miles!

Also when I bought the car I knew the bushes/droplinks were on their way out as I could hear them rattling - Camskill confirmed it is indeed the front anti-roll bar bushes which are worn. The dealer has not mentioned it either after their initial test drive or even after it's been in for a service and other warranty work. If *I* knew the bushes were worn, should they not too?

Lastly, the drilled and amp; grooved discs look in poor contition on the inside. While the car was up on Camskill's ramp I took some photos of the underside including the inside of all 4 wheels. The main dealer looks to have unblocked the dust from the holes on the OUTSIDE of the disc only; on the inside of the disc they're all blocked up!! (I said this to add another black mark to their book).

What are your comments please?

Is the main dealer stamp 100% necessary??? I'd like to get Camskill to do all my servicing, but I'm worried that they can't do the AYC system... ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dave,

Ralliart (Dudley) ok'ed me to take the car to Steve Hill M-Sport for servicing as long as I took it to a Mitsi dealer with MUT device for AYC changes, without invalidating the warranty.

Suppose it depends if Camskill have a good relationship with Ralliart as to whether they would ok this.

I would NEVER take my car to my local Mitsi dealer - I saw what they did with the silver VI demo car that was doing the rounds a while back! |PLS| when I did go in the other day, they asked if I would mind lending them my VII to take out a few customers in !!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and amp;gt; Suppose it depends if Camskill have a good relationship with Ralliart as to whether they would ok this.

Camskill are nothing to do with Mitsi/Ralliart and don't have an MUTII. I don't really want to use the Mitsi dealer again unless I really really have to...??

Oh, and the warranty is not a Mitsi one, it's a 3rd party warranty company.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dave,
If you don't need a main dealer service stamp for your warranty then use Camskill.
You only need a MUT II to drain the AYC activation fluid. The AYC diff fluid can be changed like any other by draining the oil from the diff and refilling it using a syringe.

Apparently Mitsi are changing the service intervals on the activation fluid to every 18,000 miles as well so you only need to take it to a main dealer to get the activation fluid changed and nothing else.

There was a thread last week about it here

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If its a third party warranty you should be able to take it to any vat registered garage for servicing.
Best bet would be to phone the warranty company themselves, One problem you may come up against could be the labour rate the warranty company will pay, the dealer that sold the car and warranty would get his full labour rate whilst another garage would only get £25.00 per hour and you would have to pay the difference.

Ref the oil it could depend on how hard the car was driven and how old the engine is, 1500 before the oil turns black is not out if the way in a used car.

The dealer if he was on the boil should have rung you about the bushes, after all its more work for him.

Most dealers wouldn't know much about drilled and grooved discs.

Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't think about that Andy...

[flurry of activity as Dave looks for his policy document...]

The warranty cover is provided by Mechanical Management Services for 36 months up to the value of £2,000.

The vehicle must be serviced by a VAT registered garage... and As an option the vehicle may be serviced in accordance with the manufacturers recommended service schedule by a VAT registered garage and The vehicle must be serviced in accordance with the schedule described in the Service standards section of this policy. You must retain all VAT receipts .

Do you think theres a risk of them claiming that Camskill would not know what the service schedule is?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dave,
What does it say in the 'Service standards section' of your policy???
The service schedule for Evo's can be obtained and I wonder if you could give a copy to Camskill to make sure that they follow it......

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dave

Welcome to the problems of Mitsubishi main dealers. I don't know where you are based but there are only a few I would trust, one being Black Knights mob in Brighton. However, servicing the car anywhere other than a Mitsubishi dealer might invalidate the warranty. I say might because I believe that under EU law, car manufacturers have to allow you to get the car serviced by any reputable garage, so long as they use the right parts. The lack of a MUTII migt be used to say that the garage isn't suitable. Having said that, as your warranty is provided by a third party, you need to check with the warranty provider.

TT-VII

Your warranty is from Ralliart UK, not CCC and they can give whatever permission they want for their warranties. They tend to be very reasonable, because they are an independent company themselves. It would be strange for them not to give permission for a reputable company to service a car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TT - the warranty isn't a Ralliart one, it's provided by Mechanical Management Services. I may give them a ring, how should I approach the question of Do they need to use an MUT-II ? I'll bet they 1) don't know what that is, 2) may say err... yeh just for the hell of it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dave,
Reading your post above, what does the service section of your policy say as you mention that the policy states that
The vehicle must be serviced in accordance with the schedule described in the Service standards section of this policy. You must retain all VAT receipts
If it isn't clear from reading this part of the policy then check with them to 'clarify' what they mean.

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
IMHO these warranties are not even worth the paper they are written on!

Never take your Evo to a dealer who services regular Mitsubishis as they dont know **** about Evos. Take it to a rally team or similar. The delaer will just change the oil (maybe...) and wash the car. :(

You can change the AYC oil without the MUTII thing by jacking the car up (all 4 wheels off the ground), bleeding one side when turning the steering wheel, then the other side by turning it the other way around.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Andy, I just started to call them and was sitting in a queue but I put the phone down ... their what you must do consists of simple stuff common to every car. I think that if I can prove that it's serviced according to manufacturer's recommended service schedule then I'll not have anything to worry about.

Claudius, Quote: You can change the AYC oil without the MUTII thing by jacking the car up (all 4 wheels off the ground), bleeding one side when turning the steering wheel, then the other side by turning it the other way around. I read that turning the wheel wasn't necessary ... the clutch plates in the rear diff don't have to be squeezed together or rotated - they are simply sitting in a bath of oil.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Original Post:
Claudius (or should i call yopu michealK),

handbags at dawn....
Why would you call me anything else but Claudius, kraut, frog or bitch?? :D

What does that handbag thing mean? Sorry, I dont get it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dave, i`ve just changed my con-rod bolts with 22k on the clock.The oil ( Shell Ultra 5-30 ) was extremely black, and only has 1500 miles use, however part of this 1500 was extremely hard driving on a Scoobynet run out.I was however alarmed by how dark it was.

My Pagid grooved discs have worn alot more on the inside that the outside(heat build up i spose) and when serviced the dealer has`nt ever cleaned the grooves out once (even when they changed the pads last time).

Cars out of warranty next month, so it`s going to BTR at Pontefract for the rest of its life with me :D

I must say though, even if it had another year to go, with the dealings i`ve had with official Ralliart dealerships and then the open mouthed experience i had at BTR(several rally cars all stripped and been worked on!!), theres only one place i`d be going to anyway!

Rich.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts