Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I'm bit dissapointed about the warping disc thing on my EVOhttp://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/sad1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >. Again on the Ring they failed. On the other hand the only cars without brake problems are always the porkers. It's a known fact that the porsche brake disc design is very advanced and have special cooling channels which are not drilled into the disc but especially constructed into it.
There is a company in Germany called mov'it: [URL]http://www.movit.de/htm/homefut2.htm[/URL]
They produce this porsche design brakes for almost all cars so I just sent them an e-mail if they can also do it for the EVO.
The website is really worth a read and as soon as I got some more info I gonna post it here.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Scoobymike the dragon discs are comming from the same factory as the porsche ones so they are porsche ones only the bell is different i have had these dragondiscs(porsche discs) and warped them but there are a lot of guys who didn t warped them

if you change the discs go for the project u i have not heard any problems about these discs or second choice go for the ap 6 pot set

i am fed up with brembo system i have ordered an ap 6 pot set.
yesterday i drove my dads subaru with the 4 pot system and 304 discs that systems brakes a lot better than the brembo setup with the highest friction pads.
i have tried all kind of discs all kind of pads everything warped on MY CAR so it doesn t mean it will warp on youre car so no misunderstanding here.

if you have some money left on youre account go for the 6 pot with 330 grooved discs.

regards

andre

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Hi André

thanks for your input. I was just searching for the project U discs on the web and I found the Italian importer: http://www.rallylink.it/ctf/

Unfortunately it's all in Italian but I read something like a 25% discount at the moment. Maybe Maxi can help!!!

Currently I don't have the money for the AP stuff. Concerning the pure braking power I think the Brembos are ok, the concern is more in my opinion the shitty cooling duct to the brakes because there isn't any!

Can you imagine, you followed Stef around the Ring that means you drive it in about 8.30min. My faster laps were about 1 minute longer and I still destroyed the discs. As it was my first outing on a track and then on this specific track I'm happy to have come back in one piece!

Cheers

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
I knew the website,it's the right one but I didn't remember the right adress.
I went today in Italy where I had them fitted,and they receive the ones for Claudius.
Now I don't know if he want to keep the ctf discs or if he will go for the ap 6 pot kit.

If you order an ap kit and you have or you will get 18 rims,don't go for the 330 discs kit,call br developments and ask for the 362 6 pot kit.
It's only slightly more expensive but the calipers are different to fit the bigger discs and the 362 discs have a larger alloy bell so they should warp even less!

The ctf discs cost around 500£ for the front.
If someone has a website,just take theyr picture from the ctf site and from my homepage,
communities.msn.com/EvolutionV
and post them on this thread.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
scoobymike

me and stef did a 8.27 if i knew the ring a little more i can go for 8.20 or maybe a 8.15 the 9 minuts is not bad all scoobymike youre on the right path.http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/happy1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

i lost some time on fast corners. i didn t wanna take soo much risk but in the slow corners i could close the gap to stef so imagine maybe i am dreaming again[img]http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/biggrin1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

just a story

i warped ap two piece discs those guys produce discs for F1, WRC cars, BTTC etc. but they can not make a disc which doesn t warp on an evo. i have a lot of talk which pete collen(apracing) and BG developments bob green (ap dealer)they both don t know anymore what to do with the brembo setup

So maybe the problem is not the disc but in the whole setup of hub, caliper, disc the combination of everything you can say ap put bad discs on the car my guess is impossible otherwise they will lose their good name.
the porsche discs warped too you can say those discs are bad they aren't bad otherwise porsche didn t had one of the best brakes in the world the problem goes further than discs only believe me.

There are a lot of guys which have no problems at all but do you know how those guys drive. I know my driving style.
the brembo have good stopping power that s not the problem but i can not find discs which suits my driving style and not get warped

on my subaru i had 4 pots apracing calipers with smaller size discs than i have now ordered (304 for subaru 330 now for evo) and i have had no warped discs never. so i am going for this route again but then the six pots they are even better than the 4 pots.

regards

andre

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Andre,

If you have 18 inches rims why don't you go for the 362 discs supplyed by bg developments?
They are not much more expensive and they would be the best possible option if you don't go for the liquid cooled 8 pot calipers!

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
André

thanks for the credits. Hope we could once meet up there for some good laps with you.

I sent loads of e-mails around to enquire about different discs. But according to your experience discs are just not enough. Now the kit you ordered from AP with the six pots and 330mm discs what does it cost? Is it easy to get pads for this calipers?
As I plan to go on track regularly next year I can't put up with the warping disc problem as my driving style is also based on late and heavy braking.

Thanks for your help

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
maxi i don t want bigger discs because i use the 17 inch for trackdays and the 18 inchers for street use

scoobymike go to www.BGdevolopments.co.uk and call the number ask for bob green tell him you have talked to me andre from hollland about the 6 pot and ask for a special price tell you have also major problems with warped discs.

i have a special price because i have ordered 3 sets at once go for grooved discs not drilled the price at powerengineering is something like 1495 pounds ex vat maybe you can get some discount over this price.

regards

andre

1 - 8 of 8 Posts