Lancer Register Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Spoke to Mill Lane, rather they just rang me. Ralliart just told Mill Lane the price that they quoted was for the TME engine! The GSR and RS engines are more expensive! Anyway Ralliart agreed to supply an RS engine (as they have one in stock) for the the same price as the TME engine. It sounds like the engine comes pretty much fully kitted out ready to drop right in, it looks like it includes the titanium turbo aswell so that means even more spares for sale off my old engine and a slightly better engine than the standard GSR. At least someone is starting to smile on me again, if only a little bit!

Mill Lane is also finding out about the Mitsubishi warranty for the car so thanks BlackVI. Brief details about the warranty are on the Mitsubsihi UK web site.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Heave-Ho - see my e-mail off line : I've tracked down what seems like a V.Good source for what you need : New block

the Guy's also got full engines (3No) having done 1k miles, 3k miles, and 6k miles : he sounds genuine and was reccommended by a very good source

Phone me for details

G

·
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Hi

I am sure they do a short motor(this includes crank/pistons)if you phone CCC customer services they will be able to tell you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
HH6 Did you find out if A leaky cyl head gasket was to blame for the engine problem on your 6
I have heard of engine damage hundreds of miles after going through floods.Mainly on v6 Ford's hope your cars back to full health soon. Garry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Heave Ho,

Make sure that the RS engine can accept stuff like the A/C pump etc. I am wondering why the RS and GSR engines are more expensive than a Tommi Mak engine. Are the RS and GSR engines the same price ?

Mitsubishi will always manufacture to spec and if they produce something which is designed not to have A/C then I wouldn't be suprised if they leave off certain parts of the casting if not needed to reduce weight etc.

Maybe worth checking before it arrives giving you unexpected probs

Jonathan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I was wondering why the TME was cheaper than the GSR/RS engine?
Anyway I did think of the air con question Jon and I will confirm.
The RSX and RS-2 has aircon with the RS engine so it should be OK.
As far I as I know the only difference between the RS and GSR engine is that the RS has the titanium turbo?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
You could always replace the engine then sell it and buy a evo 5 with out water cooling which may have caused the problem. Get an rs and with the money saved tune it up to be better than the evo 6 that you had. This means you won't always have to be wondering if it's going to happen again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Original Post:
You could always replace the engine then sell it and buy a evo 5 with out water cooling which may have caused the problem.
?​

Foot and amp; Mouth taking hold round your way Andy?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
yeah it's alright didn't read what i put.
Wouldn't an excuse for me putting something so stupid down
Sorry everybody i'll sit in a corner if you want.

HE HE HE

G

·
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
If I tuned an Evo I would be even more worried it might happen again, especially with an E5!
The E6 engine in theory is less prone to damage than the E5 engine due to many improvements in the cooling so it seems a backwards step going to an E5 engine.
I still can't believe how different the E5 and 6 are when I thought they were almost the same.
Even the turbo is different with a larger compressor inlet (E5|EQU|56mm, E6|EQU|64mm) but that is just the tip of the iceberg.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
An Evo 5 engine is more prone to damage than a Evo 6 engine? Explain please .... oh and what are the
main diffs between a 6 engine and 5.

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Original Post:
As far I as I know the only difference between the RS and GSR engine is that the RS has the titanium turbo?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
The main differences between v and vi engine should be the turbo itself,the pistons and the bigger intercooler.
The ecu is different too but you can switch it and it will work.

I don't think that the evo v engine is less reliable than the evo vi engine apart for the turbo.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Original Post:

|EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU|
Original Post:
|EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU||EQU|
I spoke to Ralliart yesterday and they confirmed this is b0ll0x. The TME engine is more expensive than the GSR - hardly surprising given its got a titanium turbo whereas the GSR doesn't!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
There are quite a few differences between the 2 engines mainly to improve the cooling, I am not saying that the E5 engine is no good or unreliable but they obviously improved on the E5 engine for a reason!

Engine Differences between E5 and E6:

Cooling channels added to the piston
Pistons reduced in weight (for improved performance in the high speed range)
Baffle plate in oil pan improved for better cooling
Nozzle shape of oil jets improved
Oil cooler size (depth) increased
Eye bolt for oil cooler at oil filter bracket increased in diameter (M16 to M18) to increase oil flow
Coolant temperature control method changed from from inlet control to outlet control to protect against cavitation at high speeds and improve reliability. Increased coolant flow rate.
Turbocharger compressor inlet enlarged in bore diameter (56mm to 64mm)
Turbochanger turbine wheel replaced by one made of titanium-aluminium for improved responsiveness (RS only)
Fuel tank pump and gauge assembly revised to ensure suffient fuel supply during sporty driving. High pressure fuel hosing provided with quick release joints for improved workability
Fan motor relay control revised
Alternator control revised (only FR terminal used)

Other Differences between E5 and E6:

Drive-Train/Suspension
Drive shaft joint to joint lengths reduced
Front roll centre lowered by changing ball joint installation method
Front knuckle now forged and revised shape due to above
{list]Rear lower arms, trailing arms and toe control arms are now forged aluminium
To improve drive stability lower arm-to-crossmember joint bushing is now pillow-ball type
Shock absorber stroke (tyre stroke) increased
New 17in wheel design

Brakes
Front and Rear Brembo brakes revised with clips for the pins eliminated. The pins now have bushings and the clip mounting hole is eliminated. Two shims added.

Equipment
Washer tank and intercooler washer revised
Front turn signal lamps now clear instead of amber
Optional Immobolizer system

Bodywork
Front Bumper/Air Dam revised
Rear Spoiler revised

41 - 60 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.