Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just purchased an evo 6 gsr and the steering makes banging and little knocking noises when i do harsh turns or full lock turns at any speed .does any body know what it may be plz and whats the closest ralliart garage by birmingham

:cry: hope its nothing 2 bad ????

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
More than likely either the suspension top mounts (which dry up) or the bolts in the front diff (which shear ) :rolleyes:

Does it do the noise every time you turn right :confused:

Does it do the noise over bumps when going straight :confused:

If you go round in a circle does it do the noise with every rotation of the wheel at the same point :confused:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

Hi there.. it does it ever now and again never over bumps just on full turns it bangs like it was stuck and i released something when i made it turn left or right slight turn or full but only now and again ..

many thanks for your help ...

·
Registered
6,251 Posts
Does it have standard suspension? Coilovers are always a bit noisy. Is there spring noise as well? Mine used to make a hell of a racket..... :eek: Jack it up and feel for any play in the suspension, anywhere. Whilst it's up, turn the springs to make sure thy're seated right. Mines just had new top mounts at 47,000 miles, absolutley knackered they were. If your not bad with the spanners you could do it yourself, me, being a lazy [email protected]@rd went to CPP. ;) :D Good luck, let us know how you go on. Oh, don't worry about a little bit of noise. :)

Pete

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pete Iles said:
Does it have standard suspension? Coilovers are always a bit noisy. Is there spring noise as well? Mine used to make a hell of a racket..... :eek: Jack it up and feel for any play in the suspension, anywhere. Whilst it's up, turn the springs to make sure thy're seated right. Mines just had new top mounts at 47,000 miles, absolutley knackered they were. If your not bad with the spanners you could do it yourself, me, being a lazy [email protected]@rd went to CPP. ;) :D Good luck, let us know how you go on. Oh, don't worry about a little bit of noise. :)

Pete
many thanks pete how much for new top mounts plz and where is cpp

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gazzor said:
CPP are in Congleton in Cheshire here's a link CPP
many thanks gazzor just read all receipts and its had anti roll bushes done this year but i have been told like you said more than likely to be top mount how much you pay if you dont mind me asking pm me if u like thanks again

·
Registered
6,251 Posts
elmathud said:
many thanks pete how much for new top mounts plz and where is cpp
Sorry matey, been out. Ralliart top mounts £97.98 a pair. Give Gaz a ring, he'll sort you out. :coolsm:

Pete

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pete Iles said:
Sorry matey, been out. Ralliart top mounts £97.98 a pair. Give Gaz a ring, he'll sort you out. :coolsm:

Pete
ta pete who is gaz and whats his number sorry im new on here and a bit stupid ;)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pete Iles said:
Give him a ring first, he might be on a mamouth tea drinking session....... ;) :D

Pete
got it done today many thanks locall dealership done it thank you all

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pete Iles said:
Was it the top mounts then?

Pete
heard no knocks since so hope so the car is now on e bay not my cup of tea thanks for help like my old scooby much better

·
Registered
6,251 Posts
elmathud said:
heard no knocks since so hope so the car is now on e bay not my cup of tea thanks for help like my old scooby much better
:confused: Thought you might have given it a bit longer. Oh well. :rolleyes:

Pete

1 - 18 of 18 Posts