Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this aint exactly a evo related question its to do with my mivec engine, i really do need some help, please :cry:

Recently i bought a smashed mivec, its burning some serious amounts of oil, i mean big plumes out the exaust accompanied with what looks to be alot of oil being forced out!!!

on further inspection when painting rocker cover i noticed that on the far left and middle left of the manifold branch has alot of oil on it and it seems be soaking all the way down that side of the block!!! (how i didnt notice this before i bought it i dont know, yeah i know stupid!)

Ive attached a few photos so anyone fancy their chances at diagnostic, not knowing to much about engines my only guess's are

1.Blown head gasket
2.Fudged rings

So the symptoms are,
heavy burning of oil leading to alot of smoke
oil appers to be flowing out of the zuast when accelerater pressed
oil patch around left hand side of block

also to note though is that the engines apperears to rev freely, idels well and responds well to a little gas. it doesnt seem to struggle at all. just very smokey!

please help

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
the oil stained block looks like its due to a leaking rocker cover gasket. this is very common.

as for the burning of oil. what colour is the smoke??

i had a cyborg that always had white smoke coming out the exhaust. there was nothing wrong with it it just done it all the time.

are you using alot of oil? what grade of oil is in the engine???

1 - 2 of 2 Posts