Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay - planning what to do with my RS if and when i get it so a few question here:

Firstly, Zero Fighter bodykit and some painting as i want the car to look different from other evos especially as it will be white. some proper Recaro seats http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle > as its an rs, and some wheels to again change the look. Meisters look the biz imo but heard so many bad reports about pitting so am thinking of the graphite or dark coloured OZ F1 cups (that warrender 400bhp car has them i think).

1) anyone know where to get them from and amp; how much ?
2) will extra 18inch improve turn in and amp; handling ?

After that i may go for the cusco relocation kit and amp; straight pipe as i don't want the air filter hanging loose in the hot engine bay.

3) Anyone know where there are some details and amp; prices of this on teh web.

I'll still have my full magnex and will keep the standard recirc valve. Front and possibly rear struts. The brakes will have to be done (AP probably) and then the suspension but i want road/track and don't want to spend as much as drummond/proflex.

4) So what about HKS or Leda - something tells me that both of these will be too hard for the road ???

After that probably arp bolts and amp; the apexi stuff to run 350bhp and then sit back and enjoy it all for a bit [img]http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle > I reckon with the light weight, no power-sapping AYC and 350 gees it will be more than enough powerful for a stickleback such as myself. Have i missed anything which should be done for big initial improvements ?

Also, blade if u R reading, what was that that you got done to your rsx on your very first trip to Ralliart to improve the dead feeling when the steering was staright ahead - i remember you saying it helped a lot. Was it bushes ?

any help on any of that would be appreciated.

R

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
18 inch wheels will reduce braking power if they weigh the same. This is physics. So they will need to be lighter. They are good because you can then fit brakes such as the AP 362mm kit from http://www.bgdevelopments.co.uk

You can get Volk TE 37 for example (7.8 kg in 18 x 8.5) or heavier less expensive wheels. The TE37s are GBP 500 each!!

There is a sticky on http://www.lancerforums.com on wheels in the Suspension Brakes and Wheels section with several wheel models. It mentions sizes and weight and has the pictures.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Original Post:
Have i missed anything which should be done for big initial improvements ?

Also, blade if u R reading, what was that that you got done to your rsx on your very first trip to Ralliart to improve the dead feeling when the steering was staright ahead - i remember you saying it helped a lot. Was it bushes ?
R
You should get suspension bushes as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
claudius - thanx for the info mate, whats 59 yen when its at home .... 2 grand or something ? Any more details on that induction kit ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
http://www.xe.com for currency conversion

Add duty and VAT or contact Fair Import and tell him you want it. He will get it for the same price without the duty and VAT or just over.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jackal - are you interested in aircon and electric windows for your RS? I have got the aircon parts as removed from my RSX, and I want to take out the leccy windows and put in manual ones - so would be interested in swapping!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice induction box, I just received my ARC induction box yesterday for my E7. Looks good also.
Is that an Blitz filter in there?. Does it come as a kit?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gosilla

Any pictures of that stuff!

Jackal

You are sounding very serious - on paper looks like a great spec. Drove my E7 for 300 miles yesterday, I think the suspension is fine - you could save some money by getting a VII RS - less to do, IMHO.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
blade: thanx but RS2 has lec windows and amp; aircon - will need some seats though

Jerry: tempting but still like the hardcore and enthusiast image of the 6, whats the cheapest for an E7 RS - still has the ayc and amp; acd does it not ?

Also, guys is there a big jump in the feeling of acceleration when you go from just exhaust mods to 1.5bar and amp; 350/360bhp ??? Does it make the car a lot faster ?

Just thinking - all this lot is gonna cost me nigh on 30 grand in the long run. Maybe i should just get a secondhand extreme or RS450 from Ralliart ? But then there won't be any fun in doing teh mods bit by bit myself :( but car will be worth more :). ???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
RS doesnt come with AYC or A/C or power windows / mirrors. It does have the ACD though.

There is way more difference going from an air filter and exhaust mod to 1.5 bars than from std to air filter and exhaust.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts