Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

I'm looking to get my engine built in the next few months and i have a few questions.

Baiscally im going for anything between 500, 550BHP, but i don't know much about the rods and pistons available for me. I already know my turbo setup (I'm going for a GTX30, and yes i know thats a 600BHP turbo, but i dont want to run it on full boost).

Basically what rods and pistons are available, and what power can they take... or what combo of rods / pistons are available for certain powers?

Also is there any other minor things i need to know? Obviously my fuel pump is done (Wallbro 255), injectors & turbo setup will be sorted, but any other little things that i should know? Or is it a simple case of opening engine, getting rods and pistons fitted?

Thanks guys.

*EDIT* Also would it be ok to get my engine built, but still run my turbo setup that i'm running now for a few months? As i've currently got an Evo 8 MR turbo on my GSR. Just to run the engine in etc and then after a few months i'll get the turbo setup fitted?

·
Registered
7,320 Posts
I use Mahle or CP pistons and Carrilo rods in my builds for that hp,
You Walbro 255 will not flow 500hp,
You can run any spec you like as long as its been mapped for it it may not be at its best until you are at the end of your spec but it will be fine.

Mark

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Listen to this guy above ^
Cp pistons and carrillo rods he can also sort you out and supply everything
Build engine and map for you
You want to go for the same pistons and Rods that I used on my old setup mate

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Cp pistons and carillo rods will be a strong old set up.

Is that what yours was the first time round simon?

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Cp pistons and carillo rods will be a strong old set up.

Is that what yours was the first time round simon?
Sure was tom ;)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm looking to get my engine built in the next few months and i have a few questions.

Baiscally im going for anything between 500, 550BHP, but i don't know much about the rods and pistons available for me. I already know my turbo setup (I'm going for a GTX30, and yes i know thats a 600BHP turbo, but i dont want to run it on full boost).

Basically what rods and pistons are available, and what power can they take... or what combo of rods / pistons are available for certain powers?

Also is there any other minor things i need to know? Obviously my fuel pump is done (Wallbro 255), injectors & turbo setup will be sorted, but any other little things that i should know? Or is it a simple case of opening engine, getting rods and pistons fitted?

Thanks guys.

*EDIT* Also would it be ok to get my engine built, but still run my turbo setup that i'm running now for a few months? As i've currently got an Evo 8 MR turbo on my GSR. Just to run the engine in etc and then after a few months i'll get the turbo setup fitted?
Assuming you are doing the install yourself, it's worth considering having the short block supplied ready built as the best budget option. Using your original block, we could build you a spotlessly clean assembly ready to finish off.
Plenty of keen types could build their own engine, but very few have the correct machining and cleaning facilities at home.
We can supply any combination of rod or piston to suit.
There are a number of high flow pumps that will keep up, such as the Deatschwerks 300 LPH. Hard wiring the pump doesn't hurt either.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the advice guys.

Yeah i'm going to go with Cp pistons and Carrillo rods. What power would you say this setup can take??? I know Simon was running 616 (i think) on his old setup with these rods, but could it potentially take more? (I dont want more btw, that's just a query ha ha).

I just want to cover all basis as i dont want any unexpected costs along the way... But is this basically a drop in set? Or will i need head studs blabla changing?

Also yeah i'll get the Deatchwerks 300 LPH.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Frankie might be worth thinking about maybe getting a 4g64 crank
and going 2.3 stroker for not much more money that the same engine as Henry ho is running but you will hsve better rods and piston ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts