Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I would need some advices about the hks pillowball upper mounts and the ralliart or powerflex bushings!

Thank you for your help!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I can't believe that no one has upgraded bushings and hasn't pillowball upper mounts!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maxi,

I have ordered a set of mounts from TransAutoSport. The price was very good and I have been impressed with other components I have got from them previously. They should be on the car within the week and I will let you know how they perform for me.

They are also looking into a set of nylon bushings for our cars.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, I`ve got the Powerflex bushings, not a big difference to standard and I had them changed cause there were problems with the standard ones (a Mitsubishi ####-up).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maxi,

I now have the TAS mounts installed. The mounts came blank and I had them drilled by my local machine shop. It was just simpler doing it local than having TAS do the work.

The annoying clonking sounds I have had to put up with are gone. The construction of the mount is very robust and I am sure that they will far outlast my ownership of the car.

I cannot honestly say that I have noticed a dramatic difference in ride or handling yet. Perhaps there is more road feel and this for me inspires more confidence in my car. First impressions can be deceiving and I will give it some time.

The cost was 1/3 of the next best option and I am well satisfied.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts