Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got black Team Dynamics Pro race on their 5 or 6.
Could you post a few pics please:smthumbup

·
Premium Member
2,520 Posts
I think they suit the car really well :coolsm:

Here are mine

My only gripes are that there isn't enough space around the wheel nut to get a socket in without chipping the coating unless you spend ages doing it and the plastic locating ring to centre the wheel on the hub is crap :(

Cheers,

Simon

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
I think they suit the car really well :coolsm:

Here are mine

My only gripes are that there isn't enough space around the wheel nut to get a socket in without chipping the coating unless you spend ages doing it and the plastic locating ring to centre the wheel on the hub is crap :(

Cheers,

Simon
Really like the look of these and thinking about getting some for my car but the last bit about chipping the coating and the plastic locating ring is putting me off now.

Could someone explain please. :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,520 Posts
The area around the wheel nut is way too small if you use the 21mm nuts supplied, even using 19mm nuts, there really isn't enough room.

OEM wheels locate on the hub using the centre of the wheel, allowing the wheel to turn easily as the bolts are done up. With these and other aftermarket wheels, there is a plastic adapter in the centre of the wheel to convert it to the correct size for the evo hub, this is a push fit and will not easily let the wheel rotate so unless you spend a while making sure everything is lined up, the wheel will most likely be scratched by the socket as you do the nut up.

Not a problem if you fit the wheels and leave them on but the 'Pro Race' naming suggests competition use where wheels are changed more frequently and quickly.

Cheers,

Simon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts