Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've been doing quotes and speaking to different insurance companies, input the reg and it's coming up as an Evo 5 not 6 on their systems.. also shows as an import - although I've read that the majority do (has bumper fog light & clocks showing mph).

It's a 1999 Evo VI GSR, has anyone else come across this? Is it because it's an earlier one perhaps?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Mine is a 1999 Evo VI GSR, it shows as a 6 on the insurance.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Well technically all of them are imports as they were all built in japan and then imported to the UK, there is difference between imported from new and grey imports. Do you have any pictures?

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I've got no photos to hand, it's a 6 GSR - it has 6 bumpers, 6 bonnet, blue/grey interior, blue clocks & 6 wing + stickers etc... just the insurance keep listing it as a V, they can correct it manually for my policy so it'll say 6, it's just confused me slightly.

EDIT: I've done a search on eBay & inputted a few reg's of Evo 6's into confused.com - it would seem early 6's (1999) come back as 5's.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Very strange my early 6 defo comes back as a 6

·
Premium Member
11,648 Posts
I've got no photos to hand, it's a 6 GSR - it has 6 bumpers, 6 bonnet, blue/grey interior, blue clocks & 6 wing + stickers etc... just the insurance keep listing it as a V, they can correct it manually for my policy so it'll say 6, it's just confused me slightly.

EDIT: I've done a search on eBay & inputted a few reg's of Evo 6's into confused.com - it would seem early 6's (1999) come back as 5's.
Stick up the first 8 digits of your vin off the plate on the bulk head, than it will be easy to confirm what model you have.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Very odd

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just can't understand the insurance, they're being funny about changing it.. I guess if reg is right that's what matters the most.

·
Premium Member
Evo VI RSX
1,789 Posts
Try a rare rsx model like mine, insured as an extreme as that's the closest they could find!

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
A good broker should know that whatever vehicle comes up on the DLVA database is often incorrect with imports.

My VI just comes up with 'Mitsubishi' which doesn't narrow it down much.

(It's exactly why some people specifically buy Impreza WRX's registered as GL models, a common mistake by the DVLA, as they think they can pull a fast one, insuring as the non-turbo model then trying the "but that's what your system said it is" line)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts