Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On one of these threads, I'm sure I remember someone posted a pic showing the difference between standard pads and the cut down version. Along with an explanation...

But I'm dammned if I can find it now. And I used the search feature and everything. And I wanted to pass it on to Tim at BTR so that he can fix my brake wobble!

Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Bloodaxe

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bloodaxe. Take a look in the 'Hoorah! My brakes are intact WTF?' thread. There's a picture of them in there (but not on their own)

Anil.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You just need to machine off 8mm from the inside edge (nearest the bell) of the pads. Not all pad material is easily machineable so be careful.
If you want the full lowdown on the Dragon kit, including pictures of pads and what else needs modifying, then check out my article in the forthcoming Wastegate Chatter (issue 22 or 23, I forget which).

btw the picture I posted is in 'Evo Disc warping - the story so far' but here it is again.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone know the model number for these pads from Mintex ?

Demon Tweeks have never heard of F4R's or F14R's ????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Peely, contact Alan Zini at Dragon Autosport Phone No 01206-865444 or E Mail
[email protected]
He has supplied many Evo owners with the cut down Mintex pads you are after,I rang earlier this week to order a front set but he is awaiting fresh supplies which should arrive by the end of this week. Hope this is of some help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just came back from two days on the Ring where I used the Mintex FR14 from Alan. The good thing is that you don't get any fading and stopping power is amazing. I could gain in in the braking zones on GT3's (but don't ask about my entry line!!!!!!) But after some very hard high speed braking (Schwedenkreuz from over 200km/h) all of a sudden massive brake judder and you guess it warped discs! The bloody discs just went blue even the bell! The other downside is the amazing amount of brake dust on the wheels. I gonna look forward to a several hour cleaning job of my white Enkeis tomorrow.
I had just a phone call from Raven who has also destroyed his discs in SPA and currently we're both a bit lost in space what we should do next with the brakes. The cut down pads are definetely not the final solution. In my opinion the cooling of the brakes is **** on our cars.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Blade

finally someone who also supports my theory about the useless ducting on our cars.

I'll send them a mail.

Thanks for the hint

MIke

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.