Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a disk of my wedding photos from my photographer but all the piccies say PROOF across the middle of them.

I want to print some but not have to pay £9 per print (I have already passed £1700 to him)

Anyone an expert that may be able to help me?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Not an expert but tinker with photoshop sometimes. As far as I know if the "proof" lettering is see through you may be able to do simething, if it is solid lettering you will struggle cause you can`t put back what isn`t there (the bits behind it)- may be wrong though. Low trick on the part of the photgrapher if you ask me

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers - I have had a fiddle with that and had no joy - I am looking for someone who really knows their stuff that can hack the piccies and save me a fortune (despite my already having parted with a small fortune!)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Indeed he did - but a bigger reputation.

The photo's are brilliant but I desperately want to print my own now without parting with any more of my "hard-earned"

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
bloody too right mate think you have paid enough :mad: , bloody weddings big rip off my mate spent 25 grand last year, drives a ford galaxy.. could of had an evo for that money go figure :D

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We spaffed in the region of £20k on ours but had help from parents. :D

There are expensive but it also gave me leverage with the wife that allowed me to get my Evo so one must take the rough with the smooth.

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,883 Posts
So basically you want to steal from him and use his copyrighted material without his permission. The only way you could do this was to get a digital copy (scan in a pic if you don't have a digi original) and photoshop out the wording. Depending on how prolific the lettering is and what transparency etc will depend on how easy this is to do and how good the final copy will look. Someone like SJS with good photoshop skills would probably be able to do a decent job.

Seems like a lot of work to save £9 though. Why not just buy a bunch of blank DVDs, burn off movies onto them and sell them down the market for £5 a go. Use the money you've made and pay the guy his £9 per print with it. It's morally and legally the same thing, only much easier to do.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just wanting to save myself a few bob after shelling out £20k on a wedding of which almost £2k was spent on these photos.

I am not the first, and I will not be the last. Ok so morally it is not the ideal solution but needs must and all that.

:D

·
Super Moderator
7,602 Posts
Swisdom said:
Just wanting to save myself a few bob after shelling out £20k on a wedding of which almost £2k was spent on these photos.

I am not the first, and I will not be the last. Ok so morally it is not the ideal solution but needs must and all that.

:D
Exactly, so why not ask on here?

you'll get shot down by all the people saying you want to access skills of people who can charge £120 per hour etc?

Good luck

My mate who wanted the logo design has adopted one of the ones off here but the artist hasnt read the PM yet:(

Jez

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I opted to analyse my finances first - and my analysis reveals he is raping me!

Therefore my business plan is to cut some corners and costs

Now - can anyone help me PLEASE!

·
Super Moderator
7,602 Posts
Swisdom said:
If anyone else had asked I may have considered it - but you my friend....................not a chance!

:D :moon: :D
:rofl:

:crackup:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looking like Fred Flintstone you say!!! - in that case I will send them pronto!

*Swisdom hides PC from his beautiful wife knowing fully well that she would not see the funny side*

·
Registered
919 Posts
Swisdom said:
I opted to analyse my finances first - and my analysis reveals he is raping me!

Therefore my business plan is to cut some corners and costs

Now - can anyone help me PLEASE!
Perhaps you should have budgetted / planned better in the first instance? ;)

Surely you knew what the costs and everything were up front? £9 is actually a good price, I had a similar deal with a photographer for some photos for a party (which were superb!) but the prints were £12.50 and £15.00 depending on size.

I understand your dilemma but if you pay his costs the quality will no doubt be much better anyway and you'll have a much better product at the end of it, something fantastic to look back on your special day rather than some inkjet prints.

Good luck with it though and congratulations :)

DT

1 - 19 of 19 Posts