Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 Pug Boxer 1.9d non-turbo( :blah: ) that I use for work and I want to change the gearbox oil on it. has anyone done this?

I can see how to drainthe oil (there is an obvious drain plug) but I am [email protected]@ered if I can see the filler hole/plug or a level plug anywhere.

I have seen a pic of what must be a later model (turbo version) where there is a clear plug (like the drain plug) and level check on the side of the gearbox casing - but mine dont have that!

Can anyone help me?

Cheers

Dave.

·
Registered
9,481 Posts
Dave try this guy that works just down from me Andy at Avantec on 01252337667.

We have got a Boxer non turbo diesel - can't remember what year though off hand and Andy does all the servicing so he might be able to help you out - just tell him Jon with the black Evo 9 gave you the number.

How's your luck with the gear box - 2nd in particular as our one has just had the syncro go on it and aparently it is a common problem with them :mad:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Jon, I will give him a call.

tbh I think the van is a load of ****! but its cheap to buy and maintain and does a job. Its got the worst gearchange I have ever used! - but so far :rolleyes: 2nd is OK. It also must be the slowest accelerating vehicle on the planet....

·
Registered
9,481 Posts
And only the french would put a hand brake there FFS :confused:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep.... just in the right place so the seatbelt gets hooked on it each time you get in....LOL.... piece of *****... BUT.... the bits are cheap and the running costs are cheap.... so we all put up with it.

Cheers

Dave.

·
Registered
9,481 Posts
Dave how did you get on with Andy or have you not had time yet?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Alot of peugeots have a breather on top of the gearbox usually a hex plastic thing with a hole in the middle unscrew that, you need to no how much it will hold.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
first of all why are you changing the oil??

Peugeot dont give a recomendation for changing the oil

You can fill it through the reverse light switch, or the speedo drive , the box will take 2.5 litres if its a late spec 99

Or 1.85 litres if its an older one

If you pm me you chassis number i can tell you for shure and e mail you the instructions

Im a peugeot mechanic ;)

·
Registered
9,481 Posts
itmustbejock said:
The boxer is italian made by fiat ;)
Italian!!! Say no more then!!! :crackup: They're no better than the French :crackup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts