Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Help

I has taking my sons petrol go-ped to have the carb fixed when the car filled up with the smell of petrol.

I pulled over and opened the boot to find the fuel tank had emptied it contents in the boot. All over the boot carpet and the wooden board that cover the spare wheel.

The petrol is a 1/25 two stroke mix.

Does anyone know whether the carpet can be salvaged or cleaned to remove the smell or will I be looking at a new boot carpet. If so where can I buy a new one.

Many Thanks

Skeletor

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
I know that Ralliart or your local Mitsubishi dealer can do a tailored boot mat for £42 plus VAT or one for £27.75 plus VAT with Ralliart logo from Coorsport.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
SilverFox.

Any idea which one is better, Ralliart or Coorsport. They both seem reasonably priced.

Skeletor

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
I prefer Persil tablets myself. Should I use fabric softner.

No seriously Claudius what about shrinkage.

Have you really tried this.

Skeletor

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
LOL skel, the tablets are supposed to be a little harsher, again seriously. Dont know about the fabric softener, but you could try using one of those perfumed dryer towels :D

Seriously, I have washed my car mats in the washing machine before, they get very clean, as new, smell good and dont shrink at 40C. I sprayed some foam from those bottles on them before, you know the stuff you are supposed to use on stains before you wash clothes in the machine. The mats were kind of difficult to get in there, you have to fold them and force them in, but I promise the result is fantastic! Just like taking your clothes out of the machine. I'm just not sure if you can make the carpet fit. Fold it to a small piece and force it in, it will expand in the machine (which will make it hard to get out but ensure it will not destroy and that it will come out clean). Seriously, it works, try your car mats!

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Claudius knows his stuff when it comes to cleaning cars, he even insisted on cleaning mine himself!

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
I'm ####in' myself laughing here, just the thought of Claudius ramming his car mats into the washing machine.

My missus would go ***** ape !

Claudius, I love ya' man.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
LOL

You think Jules would go mad if you washed your car mats in the washing machine? I mean wash her underwear at different times, the MATS ON THEIR OWN! :)

Love you too, are you coming to c the RMC??

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
Many moons ago I washed a cylinder head and front cover/oil pump in the dishwasher when my folks went away on holiday. Did the job!

A still glowing/freshly burned cocktail stick stood in blu-tack in the microwave is kind of exiting too!

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Light,

wow now that is a cunning plan. dishwasher for degreasing. was it an ally head or cast iron? The cast iron might rust although my le creuset is ok (bare cast iron base).

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
ROFLMAO! A boot mat in a washing machine http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/laugh1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >. Next thread will be does anyone know where to buy a new washing machine.

Please try it and tell us what happens! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
Going back a few years i had a Kawasaki z550 with K and amp;N filters on it, well i decided it was time to wash `em out, so in the sink they went, bit of washing up liquid, they came up a treat! :D

Next step, how to dry them! ...Simple, i`ll stick `em in the oven for 1/2 hr on a low heat, should do the trick.So in they go, thing been ovens take awhile to warm up right, so i bangs it on full belt to get some heat in, and in the mean time i`ll just nip back out into the garage to have a look at the plugs............ need i go on??

As you`ve probably already guess, 5 minutes turned into 45 minutes, so in the front door i casually walk(completely forget about the filters at this point) ...smells burning, i realise straight away, run into the kitchen, well, you couldnt see your hand in front of your face there was that much white smoke!!!

Story ends with four black blobs of rubber sat on the oven shelf, and a very silly me phoning around for new filters :) Typically my m8 was there at the time also, so it didnt take long for all the lads to find out! ;)

Rich.

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
Claudius,

Its in the machine.

40 easy care wash cycle.

Two persil colour tablets.

A dose of Lenor.

I will keep everyone posted.

Skeletor

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
Its survived the wash cycle and looks O.K.

Needs an iron though.

Cheers for the help.

Skeletor

1 - 17 of 17 Posts