Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Completed the Performance Course run by Andrew Walsh yesterday at Crail, mightily impressed with teaching techniques for drivers who were a little nervous of putting there car on the limit. I learnt more in one day, with sound explanations on why things happen and what to do if they try and catch you out, than I ever thought I knew

Corner speeds are increased, along with an ability, however so small, to chuck the car REALLY sideways. Finally found out what throttle steering was all about. It's amazing how you think you know something and yer totally wrong.

Two thumbs up, although it turned out to be an expensive day, with a knackered set of SO2's and a cone attack that left me with a dented wing :(

One of the highlights was watching Andrew thrash the owner of Crail airfields Noble M12. Now yer talking fast.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got any contact details?

After my minor prang December, I've decided a driver upgrade should be first on the mod list, so I'm looking for any good for novices handling courses around.

Derek

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm considering a Driver Upgrade as my next performance enhancement so would be interested in details. Is he the guy who runs 1stlotus - I think I've seen good reports elsewhere on the board. Hopefully there's somewhere a bit further south though since Scotland is a bit far for me!

Anyone else interested - perhaps we can club together and try and get a group discount :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Croz,

Yup this is the 1stLotus man - I'm being upgraded on 4th April at North Weald which is somewhere around the M25. Epping I think so no need to go all the way to Scotland. It's costing me £90 for the day as its a 4 people day (obviously dearer if less people). Why dont you ring him to see if he has any places left on the 4th - be good to have another Evo there:)

Evojkp - Sorry to hear about yer wing - know someone else who did the same on a cone - amazing what a mess they can make :(

Darryl.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can contact Andrew directly on 07967 179854 or email [email protected] for booking information

Dates for future Scottish Courses are in the forthcoming events section for July.

Andrew did mention that the North Weild (sp??) dates are almost fully booked.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great day out with Andrew on Wednesday with perfect weather conditions - not a cloud in site.

Andrew allows and encourages you to push your car to the limit and beyond, which is nice. :D I've certainly not pushed my car as hard before and had plenty of opportunities to do so, safe in the knowledge that there was plenty of run-off for spins. As a result, I now have a far greater understanding of the limits of the car.

Anyway, if you get a chance to do the course, it's well worthwhile and money well spent.

P.S. Nice to meet up with John (evojkp) . His Evo 6 is almost as noisy as my Exige! :D

Ally

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
North Weald sounds very convenient for me. Unfortunately, I'll be in Jamaica on April 4th :)

Have mailed Andrew to see what dates are available in the next few months - will post the results here.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It seems pretty booked up! The dates available for North Weald are:

June 5th (2 spaces on a 4 person day)
June 5th (3 spaces on a 4 person day)
June 17th - 20th
June 24th - 27th
July 9th - 12th
July 15th - 19th
July 29th - August 2nd

Prices are:
£105 each in your own car for a 4 person day
£205 each in your own car for a 2 person day

I'm thinking of doing a 4 person day w/b June 17th or w/b July 15th. Would be good to get some other EVOs there :D

Anyone else interested?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't like the bit about doing the course in your own car, I've only had it since last week!!! Still very protective..... :D I would much prefer to thrash someone else's about but realise that, ultimately, to get the best out of your car in the future, it would be best to do the course in your car..... I suspect new rubber will be needed after the course..... Personally, I don't think I would ever do a track day in my pride and joy..... How close to a track day would a course such as this be??? Anybody.....

I do want and do NEED some performance training so I know how far I can push the Evo so, I am possibly interested.....

Cheers

Shaun

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lee,

Andrew gives the choice of you getting a group of 4 (or 2) together or alternatively he will - being a lazy git I went for the latter option. Looks like he has no difficulty filling the places and is all booked for the 4th. I'll probably be stuck with a group of Elises :D
Seems like the price has gone up Croz.:(

Darryl

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, you're right Colin, it does make sense. I think this would be a far better upgrade than an exhaust or a filter, etc.....

Any date should also be fine with me.....

Cheers

Shaun

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i am up for this.....so far:

Me
Ryan
Simon M

i have mailed daz and andy is having a think.....

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have booked myself on a 4-person day for Wednesday 19th June. Currently there is no-one else booked on this date so there is room for 3 more Evos... :) Anyone else gonna be there?

Croz

1 - 16 of 16 Posts