Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above, mate has a suspected turbo fault on his 57 plate Evo 9 FQ360 MR where on a dyno reads at 269 bhp and won't boost over 1 bar.... What is the peak and constant boost these cars should reach in standard form except a de-cat pipe.

regards

Mark

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Peak 1.6 - 1.7 bar

dropping and holding
approx 1.3bar

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Peak 1.6 - 1.7 bar

dropping and holding
approx 1.3bar
Thanks Jason, it's been a long day....my mate's 360 MR peaked at 17.1 psi :eek: but EngineTuner knows what it is but we took the car to Mitsubishi to get them to sort it on warranty and they're being total fools over the whole think... Basically they don't want to do the work on the car and threw it back to my mate saying their technician thinks it's fine.

It went to Engine Tuners and rolling roaded a 269 bhp and boost came in fully at 1.1 bar at 4,100 rpm's :eek: The boys down their have been great and even drove to the Mitsi dealership to show them the 1.4 they saw the day before was bull as it's had not been past a smidgen over a bar since Tuesday when we took it to Engine Tuner to correct the problem.

However I posted this thread a little before I know what I know now....but it's another win for the independents and another epic fail for the main dealers.... even the guy we were dealing with has owned three 360's including MR's over the years and even he said it was fine. But we now know he lied for other reasons, orders from above etc...

very complicated but should hopefully be able to sort out something tomorrow. :D

Regards

Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts