Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
46,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i always had trouble using this paypal yrs ago so i quit


but after alot of my customers asking me to open one for trade i finally decided ok will give it a shot just waiting for some info.

how the **** does it work, how much does paypal take aff u when u sell something and do they pay the money into your business account or your paypal account

and if they do pay it into your paypal account how much do they charge if u ask them to put it into your bank account instead

cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lengthmeister said:
3.4 for anything upto £1500 and then it goes down after that :D
lol no probs bud so what happens do they put the cash into your bank account or paypal and do they charge u extra if u had to transfer it to your bank account if they dont do it automatically

cheers
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,570 Posts
moses i use it all the time with no problems yet.Its free to transfer the funds to your bank account over 50. Or you can leave the money in it to pay for stuff oversees yourself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,120 Posts
If you trade less than 1.5k a month they will take 3.4% from you + .20 a transaction.

Between 1.5k and 6k they will take 2.9% from you and .20p a transaction.

15k to 55k they will take 2.7% + .20p a transaction.

55k+ 1.9% and .20p a transaction.

The above isnt too bad really; Worldpay charge upto 4.5% and NoChex is not much better plus they have a strict registration process. You could offer online merchant services but Visa/Mastercard absolutely take the pee with their percentage and flat rate transaction charges unless you are raking in millions. The only other alternative is google wallet but officially that doesn't 'exist' as yet. :)

There is also a massively obvious advantage when using these type of services if you want it to use it that way.. ;)

HTH

Mark
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GlobalGB said:
If you trade less than 1.5k a month they will take 3.4% from you + .20 a transaction.

Between 1.5k and 6k they will take 2.9% from you and .20p a transaction.

15k to 55k they will take 2.7% + .20p a transaction.

55k+ 1.9% and .20p a transaction.

The above isnt too bad really; Worldpay charge upto 4.5% and NoChex is not much better plus they have a strict registration process. You could offer online merchant services but Visa/Mastercard absolutely take the pee with their percentage and flat rate transaction charges unless you are raking in millions. The only other alternative is google wallet but officially that doesn't 'exist' as yet. :)

There is also a massively obvious advantage when using these type of services if you want it to use it that way.. ;)

HTH

Mark
i appreciate it bud , just the customers been pestering for ages and i just couldnt be bothered so maybe thought it may be a good idea just didnt know how it goes about, still cheaper than a credit card machine they charge u 30.00 quid a month and plus 3% a transaction

and john thanks bud i think i will do the same now and cheers :)

and length haha cheers bud im a scot i dont understand paypal english :D just kidding i will have a read , i dont always read all of it just skip and read some parts as i do with the threads :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,392 Posts
I use it all the time, even for non-auction transactions such as buying stuff off MLR members. I would be hestitant about using it to pay someone I didn't know or couldn't trust/trace via some third party (eBay or the MLR for example) though, less so if they had a confirmed UK address I suppose.

The 3.4% + 20p is a bit of a PITA for receiving cash but, as others have said, it doesn't compare too badly with 'normal' merchant services and has the advantage of being available to almost anyone and no overheads. It's also a small price to pay for instant, guaranteed payment for things as opposed to fannying around with cheques for weeks.

I had one bit of bother (goods not as described) but PayPal quickly sorted it out and refunded me well within their listed timescales.

One other advantage is that Mrs Chunky doesn't see the money going through my PayPal account so she has no idea what I'm up to! :naughty:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
chunky said:
I use it all the time, even for non-auction transactions such as buying stuff off MLR members. I would be hestitant about using it to pay someone I didn't know or couldn't trust/trace via some third party (eBay or the MLR for example) though, less so if they had a confirmed UK address I suppose.

The 3.4% + 20p is a bit of a PITA for receiving cash but, as others have said, it doesn't compare too badly with 'normal' merchant services and has the advantage of being available to almost anyone and no overheads. It's also a small price to pay for instant, guaranteed payment for things as opposed to fannying around with cheques for weeks.

I had one bit of bother (goods not as described) but PayPal quickly sorted it out and refunded me well within their listed timescales.

One other advantage is that Mrs Chunky doesn't see the money going through my PayPal account so she has no idea what I'm up to! :naughty:
haha u are a smart guy mate :D nice way to do business :lol: without the lady finding out, cheers for the info mate :)

thats this nochex anyway i see chris aka funkyproducts using it how does that work

cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,120 Posts
moses said:
haha u are a smart guy mate :D nice way to do business :lol: without the lady finding out, cheers for the info mate :)

thats this nochex anyway i see chris aka funkyproducts using it how does that work

cheers
Exactly the same way as PayPal mate, though I believe their commission is slightly lower than Paypal (2.6% + .20p). However, their receive limits are pretty rubbish - something like 300 quid a day from Nochex members and 100 quid a day from non members. You can apply for custom 'receive' rates if you are a merchant but I reckon you will end up getting screwed on the interest rate. Best person to ask would be Bazza as he uses (or used to) Nochex for his www.Lancer-evo.net site.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,563 Posts
Whats all this shouting? :D

Moses - I use Paypal and Nochex to take cash. I also have an account with www.2checkout.com for US cards.

I can take pretty much any card over the net now. Really opens up your business.

Paypal is good now as the buyer no longer has to have a paypal account to pay you. I think you need a premier account of something for this to work :confused:

A few things about paypal:

- No limit to what you can receive and transfer to your bank
- Easy to use user interface
- Easy to plug shopping cart software into
- Easy to setup transfers to your bank
- A few people have had problems with their accounts being suspended :confused:

A few things about nochex:

- Excellent customer support and online knowledgebase
- Unless you upgrade your account you limited to £90 per incoming transaction and the customer has to have a nochex account :blah:
- You can only transfer £500 a day to your bank and £1000 a week :rolleyes:
- Pretty strict registration process [see above comments]
- A doddle to get working with shopping cart software

TBH Mo I would go with Paypal and get a decent merchant system. Who do you business bank with? I am with Lloyds and they offer something called "Cardnet". I can take money on the net and the cash from the transaction goes directly to my bank. None of it is held up in a merchant account [Paypal or Nochex].

HSBC also have a decent merchant system up and running now.

Non banking merchants [Nochex etc] are fine if you get 30 days credit with your supplier as by the time the cash hits your business account you can pay the monthly statement. If you don't have 30 days credit your cashflow goes a bit Pete Tong as you paying your supplier without getting your hands on the cash as its tied up with Nochex or Paypal :(

I would recommend a full online shop with multiple payment methods and shipping calculated on weight, size of package and destination. Its the only way forward :p

Hope this helps
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top