2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help had to change password on hotmail account on iPad
I can recieve email but can't send !!!!!!! Any ideas ::cry:

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,884 Posts
No idea about iPads or what app you're using for mail, but there are normally two places you need to provide your credentials (username and password), one for sending and one for receiving. I won't bore you with the science but sending email and receiving email are completely disconnected from each other and need managed separately.

So if you are receiving email you will have updated what will be called the POP3 or IMAP settings to provide your new password, but to send email you will also need to update what will be called the SMTP settings. So look for SMTP settings or google for how you change them on your specific device.

·
Premium Member
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No idea about iPads or what app you're using for mail, but there are normally two places you need to provide your credentials (username and password), one for sending and one for receiving. I won't bore you with the science but sending email and receiving email are completely disconnected from each other and need managed separately.

So if you are receiving email you will have updated what will be called the POP3 or IMAP settings to provide your new password, but to send email you will also need to update what will be called the SMTP settings. So look for SMTP settings or google for how you change them on your specific device.
Thank you AIDY done as you said all sorted went and updated password SMPT :smthumbup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts