Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got questions. Do evo 7 lower arms and also aux tensioner fit evo 4 as strugling to find them for the evo 4 rs.also my cluch has gone for second time one off fly wheel bolts came out of sane hole and destroyed cluch.so got my new cluch and fly wheel ready.but am thinking of only putting the 6 arp bolts in that dont come out and leaving the problem one out.as should be ok with the 6 bolts.any feed back would help.

·
Premium Member
22,012 Posts
Got questions. Do evo 7 lower arms and also aux tensioner fit evo 4 as strugling to find them for the evo 4 rs.also my cluch has gone for second time one off fly wheel bolts came out of sane hole and destroyed cluch.so got my new cluch and fly wheel ready.but am thinking of only putting the 6 arp bolts in that dont come out and leaving the problem one out.as should be ok with the 6 bolts.any feed back would help.
pretty sure the arms dont fit, 7 has a wider track than the 4

Aux tensioner should be fine

Leaving the bolt out to me is a terrible idea, if nothing else it will make the rotating mass unbalanced, but also that lump is rotating at upto 7500 rpm, 1 less bolt is relying on the remaining bolts more than was designed to. Why is the bolt coming out, fix the problem is the only acceptable answer IMO

Stu

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just sorted arms thanks.as for bolt had bottom end rebuilt and since they did that and changed clutch it keeps comeing out.the fly wheel bolt hole is chewed up inside main bottom end so out off options.as cant be re done.i dont like ide but only thing can do.asked several mexhanics and a specalist.they said can run with 6 as they are sutuaited in position that will not affect the fly wwheel or cluch.so all can do is fit it all when get a few spare days as got hole engine out as redoing loom and clean up of hole lot.

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Has bearing gone tensioner? If so why not just change that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
S.Wales R.O./Electrician
4,126 Posts
Just sorted arms thanks.as for bolt had bottom end rebuilt and since they did that and changed clutch it keeps comeing out.the fly wheel bolt hole is chewed up inside main bottom end so out off options.as cant be re done.i dont like ide but only thing can do.asked several mexhanics and a specalist.they said can run with 6 as they are sutuaited in position that will not affect the fly wwheel or cluch.so all can do is fit it all when get a few spare days as got hole engine out as redoing loom and clean up of hole lot.
You can helicoil the flywheel bolt hole and it can be done in situ with the clutch off.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Has bearing gone tensioner? If so why not just change that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nah tensioner fine just garage broke the half inc tentioning lug that need to use to redo new belt and fit new alternator. So getting new one as replaceing nearly everything as previouse owner did not wont to no already spent 5k on engine rebuild and another 3k on new parts for it and a lot more to come yet.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can helicoil the flywheel bolt hole and it can be done in situ with the clutch off.
Ah thats a big help as already said engine out as doing other bits to that and car itself so eaay acsees.will look into that and get problem fixed.thank you.only thing when cars 21 years old and not been looked after from day one.get hot with big bill rather than gradual bills.but be worth it once im ontop of maintaining it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts