Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday i took my EVO 8 to APT for a remap.
I bought the car off a fellow MLR member under the premise that he had bought the car a year earlier with several modifications already done to it.
To my surpirse yesterday i was informed that these modifications are not even fitted to the car, no HKS cams or pullys and some other bits even though the car came with the receipts for them, in no way do i blame the seller i purchased from as i genuinly believe he had no idea either and hes a genuine bloke,but i think we have both been mis-sold, isnt that illegal?

·
Banned
6,473 Posts
not illegal really mate as much as misunderstood as the lad may have been told that the car had cams and the other mods in it(different if he said he had them fitted though,thats just blatent lying) whos to know now days as people swap and change things all the time... i bought a evo 5 that was meant to have autronics in it but when i checked it wasnt there,on asking the owner were it was he said he didint know and thought it was there..... its always best to see if you can see the components while viewing...especially pullies as you cant put a standard cover over them so its either see through or carbon to allow for the depth.....:smthumbup:smthumbup

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
before i purchased the car they were listed as being fitted. which was one of the reason i went for it in the first place and through the service history manual is all the recepits for fitting and purchasing

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
The chap you bought it off may have sold the bits to recoup some money before selling you the car, I hope not as you were told that the bits were still on the car, or the owner before did it to him
Either way, poor form...
Check the sellers posts on here if he was a member, if he has listed cams for sale in the past etc etc than you'll have an idea what happened to them
I feel for you mate, I hate paying out good money for things that are not as they are described
Ray

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can pretty much gurantee its not the seller i bought from, i think he was duped when he bought it and so also thought they were installed as all.
As with most things you buy them based on your first opinions and specifications, and the spec list was great on this car hence me paying top end £££ for what is basically a GSR260 8 albeit in now with 350BHP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts