Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of months ago we parked in Tesco's car park in Basingstoke.

When returning to the car, only 15 minutes later a private parking company had slapped a parking ticket on the windscreen! Reason for ticket 'not parked in allocated bay'

After reading this post http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3211294 we have chosen to ignore the threatening letters, texts and calls.

Disgusting given the parking signs are far away with writing of approcx 2mm :mad: given it's a free car park and cars parked everywhere, and people seem keen to open there door into ours on every visit we will not be spending money at Tesco's again!

·
Registered
12,265 Posts

When returning to the car, only 15 minutes later a private parking company had slapped a parking ticket on the windscreen! Reason for ticket 'not parked in allocated bay'

After reading this post http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3211294 we have chosen to ignore the threatening letters, texts and calls.

Disgusting given the parking signs are far away with writing of approcx 2mm :mad: given it's a free car park and cars parked everywhere, and people seem keen to open there door into ours on every visit we will not be spending money at Tesco's again!
Wife had her BMW damaged at a Tesco and they were so quick to deny liability. Pack of cheats and your experience only highlights that, as does the experience of the person you linked to.

I know nothing of the legal side of it but, going by the advive given in your link, I'd definitely ignore it. Maybe Aidy will be able to throw up a response as he seems to have some idea on legalities. :D

·
Registered
26,575 Posts
Wife had her BMW damaged at a Tesco and they were so quick to deny liability. Pack of cheats and your experience only highlights that, as does the experience of the person you linked to.

I know nothing of the legal side of it but, going by the advive given in your link, I'd definitely ignore it. Maybe Aidy will be able to throw up a response as he seems to have some idea on legalities. :D
and rightly so they are not responsible. you park at your own risk if they paid out for every bit of damage occurred they would have to charge for parking or put their prices up.

·
Registered
12,265 Posts
and rightly so they are not responsible. you park at your own risk if they paid out for every bit of damage occurred they would have to charge for parking or put their prices up.
I think you've missed my point, K.

·
Premium Member
Evo8 260 2004
2,328 Posts
Wor lass got a Parking ticket when parked in a supermarket car park in Hexham. Over stayed her welcome. Solister said to ignor it, which she did. They couldn't do anything about it.

·
acting daft since 1969
19,577 Posts
i dont park at tescos i ABANDON ,my missis hates it ,thng is my vans that long it take up 2 spaces parked well, 4 if not

·
Premium Member
2,925 Posts
Have a good read up mate they basically have to take you court to try and enforce it and then they have to hope the judge thinks its lawful so most never go past a few nasty letters

·
Registered
481 Posts
Is annoying when you are tying to get parked and someone decided they should have two bays! Even more annoying when you park the far end of the carpark with nobody near you and when you come back someone has parked right up next to you in an empty carpark!

Years back my mate parked his RS across two bays in B&Q so that it didn't get knocked, he comes back to find someone has pushed a trolley onto it and left it there!!

·
Registered
965 Posts

i work for tesco and not all car parks are tesco's some are owned by council ect and have stupid parking guidelines

1 - 13 of 13 Posts