Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone on here ever had any dealings with Park Lane B4??

R they a top set-up (sound not 2 bad)
What r there grey mods like(compared to R/art)
Any good or bad experiences!!

Any replys on this matter greatly appreciated....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is this Park Lane in Alton, Hants? If so I've been there and test-driven one of their EVOs (they had a black VI and a Blue VI when I was there). As for their stock, they have wall-to-wall top motors, very impressive. Didn't buy from them but I didn't get any smarmy car salesman patter from them either which was a nice change!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Aidy, Yes its the one in Alton.

Just searched through history of threads relating to Park Lane and found mixed response, anymore updated stuff would be a help though!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Smudger

I've had a number of dealings with Park Lane over the years, the last time about 6 months ago when I sold my car to them and looked at a couple of their 6's. All in all I think they are reasonably professional car importer and all the cars I have ever looked at there have been very good to say the least. They are one of the more expensive garages, but they could be worth it.

My main criticism is some of the sales staff. One or two are extrememly arrogant and really pi##ed me off last time I was there. I'm sure they didn't want to sell me anything!!

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also went to Park Lane and test drove a Six over a year ago simply because they are only about 10 miles down the road from me ;). I almost bought a Silver E6 from them but I really wanted an Icecelle example and I was promised that someone was p/xing an immaculate one for a new R34 GTR with a week or two. That stretched into a month and then two. After ringing many times and promised many phone calls back that never happened it became apparent they weren't really interested in a sale so they never got my business.
The prices may be expensive on the site but you can knock them down a lot, I got almost £2k off that silver E6 which brought it in line most other places. Yep they do get some tasty stock including recently a 964 RS, they had 3 R34 GTR's when I was there (when they were virtually new). By the way there was black WRX Type R that must have been siting there year before being sold, it gives you an idea that they aren't too worried about shifting stock.

Park Lane are the only independant SVA test station in the country so importing is easy for them, in fact I was told Park Lane imported and SVAed all the Ralliart Evo 6's on their behalf. As for servicing, well they will do the oil change but take the car to Mill Lane Mitsubishi for the AYC fluid swap, seems a bit pointless taking your car to them in the first place really.

All in all much like DaveG says really except they are not as professional as they first seem.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bought my VI from Park Lane 2 years ago and it was a very pleasant experience, which is unusual these days. They did import a lot of the Ralliart sixes and at the time they were not SVA'd, but TUV'd in Germany (which is their equivalent). Not sure if they still do this, but basically any VI bought from them at the time was exactly the same as a Ralliart one (obviously without the warranty). I got a very good price on my car and all the paperwork etc. was dealt with very efficiently. The limited amount of aftercare I needed was efficiently handled, so I guess that equals a recommendation :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I bought my VI in May '00, I drove it to Park Lane to get it SVA'd. At that point in time they were flying a couple of german guys over for the day to do the tests for them each time they had another batch to do. Don't know whether that's the case now. However, I found the PL staff both friendly and courteous, as I had to wait a while for the car to be completed....... which was nice ! :)
Geffers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts