Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can it be done? Tbh I was just about to do this until Mrk suggested that I shouldn’t!!

My Intercooler is well scummy and I cant see the point in replacing it just cos its dirty. So I thought I could get it painted so at least it would look better and be easier to keep clean.

What options do I have?

:(

·
NR555
7,448 Posts
oh no not another one, i believe mike_turbo knows all about this on this :crackup:

·
NR555
7,448 Posts
let me do a search to one of the most famous mlr threads, back in a minute.....

·
NR555
7,448 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I’m confused now? That thread doesn’t answer the question as it tails off into the more amusing effects of turning your Intercooler into a radiator.

So can anyone help to answer the original question?

:confused:

·
Super Moderator
7,602 Posts
Shrader said:

So can anyone help to answer the original question?

:confused:
Cue Mr Turbo

;)

·
Super Moderator
7,602 Posts
Shrader said:
Done this , doesn't really help cos the bare aluminium is what Id call tarnished even polish doesn't really do the job.. Hence my original question

:D
Replace it with a APS one :D

Will be shinny for oooooo 4 - 5 weeks :D

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Shrader said:
Im open to options , I just dont want to do any damage in the process. If its going to mess it up then I wont bother... just wanted some advice

:(
The aforementioned threads do contain some decent advice quite early on, however :)

Yes you can paint it (but unless it is really clean beforehand it will flake a bit over time) No you cannot powdercoat it, not and have it still actually cool the charge air very effectively.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.