Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may have remembered my previous thread about the Pagid RS 4-2 pads squealing.

Well the problem has now been resolved. This is how.

Used new Brembo pads at Brands Hatch and found afterwards both the disk warped and the pads crumbling due to the heat.

Car booked in at Dragon to change all fluids after track day.

Brake fluid changed to Brembo race brake fluid.
Braided lines fitted.
New Pagid Grooved disks fitted.
Pagid RS 4-2 Pads installed.
I already have the ralliart brake stopper kit.

This has totally transformed the car. I have owned three EVO's and have never had such good braking on any of the cars. The pedal feels a lot harder and higher and the bite from the pads is now like dropping an anchor.

I now have the ability to brake a lot later when pushing the car to limit and feel a lot more confident with the cars abilities.

It just goes to show with the right combination the brakes do work. I have not been impressed at all with the EVOs braking performance until now.

All those people that said that Pagid's don’t squeal where right with the correct combination.

Skeletor

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Original Post:
All those people that said that Pagid's don't squeal where right with the correct combination.

Skeletor
:) If you get RS14s, you will have the same bite but they take more temp... ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
skeleman,

are the pagid disks 2 piece or 1? How much did this setup cost you?

Sounds good though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
John , if they are one piece Pagid discs then they are the same as i have fitted, and along with the the Pagid pads, as you describe they are brilliant, just like dropping an anchor out of the car! :D

......... only they also warp :( Just had to have mine skimmed :(

Fitted Brembo pads as the Pagids had bits falling off them and the friction material was coming away from the metal backing(too much heat), what a waste of time(and £150) that was! Fitted Mintex 1144 after 4 weeks(`cause they were cheap) and they are slightly better but still not upto the Pagids in stopping power.

Ready now to upgrade again back to the Pagids though :D Claudius, surely the 1-4`s must have a down side to them, i.e. less initial bite, if they have a higher temp. rating? or is it just that they simply eat the discs faster?

Rich.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh.. and they squealled like there was no tomorrow http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tongue1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle > .... which apparently one in twenty sets does! :(

Rich ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oli goon,

They are one-piece disks. Cost of the disks was £170 Inc VAT.

RichW, I have the same setup as you but not as many grooves in the disks. The car now feels likes it has brakes. It’s amazing how bad the original setup is. They do squeal a little but not very often.

Skeletor

1 - 8 of 8 Posts