Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
MLR Oldie
14,969 Posts
It depends on what pad you want?

If you go to Mitsubishi for them remember and take some vaseline because you'll get well shafted.

If you buy them from one of the tuning companies on here then you can get front pads for about £100 ish and rear pads for about £60 ish.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Front pads from Mitsubishi are nearly £400 with the VAT IIRC.

Fitted some nice EBC Redstuff Ceramic instead at around £100. Very nice they are too.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pads

I live in wrexham so tweeks just up road. Phoned them today about red stuff, he said they were just ok.

·
Registered
259 Posts
If you are getting redstuff look at the beancross run pics in the pics section. Thats my car with red stuff thats almost on fire :crackup:

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Re: pads

john123456 said:
I live in wrexham so tweeks just up road. Phoned them today about red stuff, he said they were just ok.
Try motormania in king street. Believe it or not they get our brake pads for the 1 no problems and they are alot better priced than demon theives. lol

Where in wxm are you m8.
You haven't got a white one by anychance. As I saw one on Friday heading towards Rhos robin on the New road in Rhosddu. I was going under the Rhosddu bridge very nice from what I could see.

·
Registered
809 Posts
mike_turbo said:
No really, they're decent pads.

Normal Red Stuff pads are supposed to be crap, but these are the ceramic ones.

I can't comment on them for track use, but they don't live a quiet life during fast road driving and they are good pads.

Can't really notice the difference between them and the DS2500's.

Have you tried them?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Well I can't claim to have tried any of the Pagid products (yet :D ) but the Red Stuff Ceramics are honestly not that bad.

Plus I get them for half price (I think they are £110 retail so £55 to me).

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Frosty said:
No really, they're decent pads.

Normal Red Stuff pads are supposed to be crap, but these are the ceramic ones.
Aren't all red stuff ceramic?

·
Registered
13 Posts
pads

No not all redstuff are ceramic.........the old EBC redstuff non ceramic were pooh!!!!!! i recently bought some ceramics from www.brakes4u.co.uk after long conversations and me being a bit sceptical but i amde the right choice the difference from the old redstuff is unbelievable...stopping power like ive never felt before they certainly have made progress with this new material
but when ordering these make sure they have the magic "C" at the end of the part number then you know you are getting the correct ones

hope this helps you guys

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
The one's i have are the ceramic's, so are these red stuff ceramics better than standard Brembo pads?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
No, I've only recently bought the car and it had a new set of Brembo discs and pads fitted at the front.
I have ordered a set of rear Brembo discs and managed to get the Red Stuff ceramic pads for a good price so went for it.
So if you think the Red Stuff ceramics are better than Brembo pads fitting them to the back only would be a bad idea as more of a braking force would be applied to the rear.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
do you get squeel with the ceramic red stuff at low speed.

Ive got a set of ferrodo2500 but can't use them with the bradi disks as the squeel has people jumping in the streets (and wishing I was dead) :eek:

·
Registered
809 Posts
The squeel is bad at low speed, but then it's like this with basically every pad.

The only ones it doesn't squeel with is the Mitsubishi pads as these are designed with anti-squeel shims to fit.

At £400 for a front set though, I think I'll put up with the squeel (and vastly improved braking) of the aftermarket pads.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts