Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the point in this restrictor? i took mine out today and it made no differance at all:confused: my cars standard and runs a 1.2 bar actuator but only boosts at a bar and holds 0.9 bar

andy

·
Premium Member
22,084 Posts
whats the point in this restrictor? i took mine out today and it made no differance at all:confused: my cars standard and runs a 1.2 bar actuator but only boosts at a bar and holds 0.9 bar

andy
1.2 bar actuator should boost to 1.2 bar minimum, are you sure it is set correctly, and there is no leaks? or else maybe it actually is a standard 0.8 bar

As for the P jet, its all explained in an article (articles tab) by Andyf_RSX, but that is only available to full members

a snippit for you

How Do We Get Good Control At Both Low And High Boost Pressures?
This is done by using restrictors in the pipework to allow a small amount of air bleed to make a big difference in the pressure that the actuator is seeing.

If you fit a restriction into the boost pressure inlet line to the actuator then you cause a pressure drop across the restriction. This means that the pressure after the restriction is lower than it was before (remember the water tap scenario).
Stu

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

as you can see spikes at bar and afr is spot on, there is a possability that this evo 4 ecu may be chipped when it was in japan , matt said the lines look like its been mapped as its to good for oem map. theres a post i was reading the other week about another lad who has a evo 4 ecu that was chipped in japan his had perfect fueling up to 1.5 bar with no boost cut, i will put the p jet back in tommorow:smthumbup, the actuator is brand new and deff 1.2bar

1 - 3 of 3 Posts