Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can i run dual boost set up simular to the way RC sets up their APEXi gear??

I`m running a Dawes Device a.t.m, which is set to high boost.

Now they also do a twin boost solenoid which would basically allow me to run 0.9 bar then at a flick of a switch 1.4 bar.But would the PE ECU handle this change?? Need an answer ASAP so dont be shy now ;)

Rich.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pretty confident this shud b OK , the PE map wud b for the max boost 2 b run , so when you switch boost to 0.9 bar it wudn't bother the ECU because this wud b an external setting via the boost controller. This is something I'll b doing with my PE remaped ECU shortly (after a new map 2 run higher than 1.4 bar) but with different boost controller.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice one :)

Just ordered the boost solenoid from http://www.performanceexhausts.net who are the main Dawes distributer in the UK.Also ordered a 60mm HKS gauge mounting but thats another story....

Should have it by the weekend so will let you know i get on.My main concern was the fuelling and mixture.

Rich.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What kind of boost are you running now? If you are running let's say about 1.1bar of boost and you want to turn it up to 1.4bar without compensating the fueling and ignition, I wouldn't recommend it. If your ECU has already been programmed for 1.3bar, then it would be quite safe to turn it up by 0.1, but going up by 0.3bar is a bit of a risk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.