Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am confused, I removed all boost control from my car and just looped it round straight to the actuator.

It is a 14psi actuator however when I put my foot down it is reading 1.5 bar on the boost gauge. With 14psi would be expecting 1 bar..

I'm really confused as to why my car is still overboosting

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
is that a peak or held?
was it pre tensioned half a hole when fitted?
Im assuming you havent got the restrictor in the loop pipe?

If its peak then settle around 14psi, then its just the lag, the time it takes for the actuator to see the pressure and then open the wastegate to release boost

If its holding more, then its likely due to the pre-tensioning, and maybe tolerances in the actuator working pressure. Easiest answer if you want to lower the boost is fit a softer spring (im assuming this is a rebuildable type, not OE type)

Stu

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, i wonder if it wasn't pretentioned enough, I'll pop it into the garage and get them to check that again.

It was held.

·
Premium Member
22,013 Posts
Ah, i wonder if it wasn't pretentioned enough, I'll pop it into the garage and get them to check that again.

It was held.
to give over boost, if it was down to the pre tension, it would be because it had too much pre tension. but you need some pre tension to hold the wastegate firmly closed

If it was done with the half a hole method, then i'd be looking to replace the spring

Stu

1 - 4 of 4 Posts