Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek:i thinkg my cars drinking to much fuel on average i am getting 120 miles from a full tank which cost £40 i dnt push my car hard this is from normal driving why is it doing this ;-:)wallbang: please help ive had it remapped

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,858 Posts
Two questions spring to mind...what evo do you have and have you had the lambda sensor checked?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wheres can i go 2 get it checked and what price will i be looking at.if it needs replacing will it effect my map sorry to sound dump

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
Lambda sensor only effect closed loop fueling, so map should be fine. You can check the output voltage in Evoscan, or use a multimeter it should be between 0.1 and 0.9v. New sensor is somewhere from £50 to £200 depending on where you get it.

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
Any garage with a multimeter can check the voltage output from it. Give Andy or Chris at TOB a call, sure they can help.

·
Registered
9,312 Posts
any pikeys nearby with petrol stealing kit? No?

Lambda check needed :)

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
Sensor is located on the left side of the exhaust elbow, you can follow the cable from it up to the rocker cover into a multiplug connector.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Sounds like u have a heavy rite foot :crackup: Saying that, I only get around 170 from a full tank :lol: Obviously it depends on how hard u drive her, most ive ever got from a full tank was just over 230 miles :eek:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts