Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
out of interest and sheer boredom, how accurate is the outside temp sensor on the climate control? where is the sensor? is it effeced by its location i.e engine heat/ drafts etc. ?

just curious.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sensor must be in engine bay somewhere, 'cos it's definitely affected. Takes mine a good 2 miles to stabilise at a realistic temp.

I know I'm no help, but I'm bored too!

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK , this is #7 out of 20 in the list of useless Evo information,
The sensor is in the passenger side door mirror , the reading requires time 2 normalise after parking because heat from the brakes and engine bay circulates around the mirror............strange , but true!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't believe I have out Evoed Evoboy!

The temperature sensor is in fact clipped to the radiator fan grill. Look in the front grill to the left of the 3 diamonds badge and there it is, the little black tube with wires coming out of it.

This is purely for the air con though, non air con vehicles don't have it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
#14 is , if u have a problem with windscreen wipers in freezing conditions , the overload circuit breaker has probably tripped , wait 4 reset. This only applies 2 vehicles with cold climate pack.

Which leads nicely on2 #15 , your cold climate pack equipped Evo offers more comfort 4 rear seat passengers due 2 a rear seat heater duct.

H,
Where I got that temp sensor info from eludes me 4 the moment , the manual does show the sensor 2 b behind the grill. Must b something else I'm thinking of .....................Hmmmmmmmmmm.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
From experience (sitting in car while hydrotesting pipes) it's actually pretty accurate, unlike my old Cavalier....

Takes about 3 or 4 minutes of driving once it's been sat still after a run though, you can look at it when it's obviously freezing outside and it'll say 16°C!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's one for you Evoboy to redeem yourself ;)
Page 22A-9 of the E4/5 manual about removing the driveshafts.
CAUTION
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PULL OUT THE DRIVESHAFT FROM THE BJ IN THIS STAGE SINCE IT
CAN CAUSE THE TJ TO BE DAMAGED.

Whats the BJ and TJ? (It's not top and bottom joint as it doesn't make sense)

Its not a trick question someone genuinely asked me the other day and I don't really have a clue!
I think it could be Plunge Joint and Tripode Joint (the types of CV joints used?) but I'm not sure.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Original Post:
Whats the BJ and TJ? (It's not top and bottom joint as it doesn't make sense)
Oh thats so easy ,............................ yawn.......................TJ |EQU| transmission joint , ie the drive shaft joint at the transmission or gearbox end , BJ |EQU| bearing joint , ie the shaft joint at the wheel bearing or hub/knuckle end .

Round of applause 4 EVOBOY yeeeessssssss :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My god Evoboy was wrong again!

Just found the joints after looking in my little boys book of universal joints and the Evo tech manual ;).

BJ actually stands for Birfield Joint and TJ stands for Tripode (plunge) Joint.
Its the two different types of CV joints used on the driveshafts which luckily also ties up with which ends they are at (TJ near the Transmission and BJ near the Bearing).

Evo 4 GSR uses a Double-offset Joint (DOJ) instead of the Tripode Joint (TJ). Now that would have been confusing.

By the way how much has my sad rating improved now ;)

Evoboy,
2 - nil, 2 -nil, you're not singing anymore, youuuuu'reeee not singing anyyymore!
(I think I might regret that!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
all we need is scrodinglers cat in faradays cage and weve got........................................

1 - 20 of 21 Posts