Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Am looking to buy my first Evo and been browsing this excellent site for ages now, the info has been very very helpful, a credit to all that contribute.

Must confess have always been part of the Subaru camp before last car being an 52 plate WRX. Having lost my house, car, and contents of bank account after divorce only now can I consider another boyz toy.

I have been searching for ages (three months) for a car that ticks all the boxes and there seems to be a lot of cars with questionable background (service history logbook etc) I have listened to the advice in the buyers guide on this site and have tried not to let the money burn a hole in my pocket and end up with a dog!

I really really need some help and advice from anyone who can spare the time to reply. A freind of a work colleague is selling his evo and it sounds promising to me, please let me know what your thoughts are in terms of good deal or not.

Evo 7 GSR Ralliart (Black with privacy glass).
2001 on Y plate.
3months tax / 12 mot.
MSH
Cat 1 Cobra
18" Alloys and new tyres.
SS Exhaust / induction kit(not sure what type at moment).
New discs and pads all round (400 miles ago).
New clutch 800 miles ago (done under warranty)
Excellent condition unmarked interior.

£14250 ovno

Look forward to making some new freinds on here and thanks to anyone who replies,

Paxo

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
Hi and welcome :)

Sounds like a good enough deal to me? Bear in mind however that the 9 is out now (just) so 7 and 8 values may or may not be affected. I doubt you will find a 7 much cheaper than that right now though, so as long as it does not have a million miles on it and as long as it's not tatty, you should be fine :)

As it's a mate and £14250 OVNO, offer 14K? Hell of a lot of car for that sort of money.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For info the mileage is 30k. Have been looking around today comparing like with like and it still seems pretty good. Will hang on and see if anyone else has any comment re this thread.

Cheers

Paxo

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
paxo said:
Hi all,

Am looking to buy my first Evo and been browsing this excellent site for ages now, the info has been very very helpful, a credit to all that contribute.

Must confess have always been part of the Subaru camp before last car being an 52 plate WRX. Having lost my house, car, and contents of bank account after divorce only now can I consider another boyz toy.

I have been searching for ages (three months) for a car that ticks all the boxes and there seems to be a lot of cars with questionable background (service history logbook etc) I have listened to the advice in the buyers guide on this site and have tried not to let the money burn a hole in my pocket and end up with a dog!

I really really need some help and advice from anyone who can spare the time to reply. A freind of a work colleague is selling his evo and it sounds promising to me, please let me know what your thoughts are in terms of good deal or not.

Evo 7 GSR Ralliart (Black with privacy glass).
2001 on Y plate.
3months tax / 12 mot.
MSH
Cat 1 Cobra
18" Alloys and new tyres.
SS Exhaust / induction kit(not sure what type at moment).
New discs and pads all round (400 miles ago).
New clutch 800 miles ago (done under warranty)
Excellent condition unmarked interior.

£14250 ovno

Look forward to making some new freinds on here and thanks to anyone who replies,

Paxo
Great polite post, unlike some of the nobs on here.

Welcome ;)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi lengthmeister,

Am afraid your a little wide of the mark, in my younger years my freinds were firmly of the belief that i would indeed stuff absolutely anything (the two criterion being female and human)
hence the name paxo. Although social activities have now altered somewhat the name has stuck.

:) Kind regards,

Paxo.

PS You may be interested to know that my indian name is "Two Dogs F**king".

This name being traditionally derived from the first thing my father saw when leaving the place of birth.

·
Registered
18,323 Posts
:crackup: :crackup: ;)

I have a daughter called "Devon"!!

Got some weird looks when we stayed in Cornwall the other week whenever we called her name!!

cheers
Laim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts