Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I'd love to see Transport 2000 make a show that promotes "sensible driving in sensible vehicles" and see how many people watch it :crackup:

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
They can put camera's in their vehicles that record their driving, and the whole country can see them habitually break the speed limit in built-up areas, refuse to brake until the last possible second and change lanes without indicating or looking. :cool:

Speeding past a school with the cheapest brakes and tyres you could find for your econobox is much more sensible than driving a sports-derived vehicle which has been upgraded by an enthusiast...

·
Evo 7 & R35 Gtr
12,909 Posts
The transport2000 website has a message board, intresting reading..

Originally posted by some **** on Transport2000's message board
totally support Transport 2000`s efforts to get Top Gear off the air.

This programme performs a public disservice. Viewers do not have racetracks upon which to emulate the presenters and their driving styles. They only have the public highways where I want to walk and ride my bike and stay in one piece.

This seedy and repugnant programme, watched by millions, must accept some responsibility for the poor driving standards and excess speeding on UK roads. Speed is a factor in at least one-third of road crashes, accounting for around 1200 deaths a year. How ever can this be construed as public service broadcasting? I seethe when I think that my licence fee helps to pay for this!

This dreadful little programme should be replaced with some more balanced reporting on transport, ie putting the environmental/social angle as well. I would like to see the BBC play a higher profile role in educating the public about sustainability issues, for example the contribution of transport to climate change.

Top Gear must be banned. It is nothing short of an outrage, quite the most offensive programme I have ever seen.

Richard Evans

The phrase 'get a life' comes to mind..

(obviously hassent got a clue that there are many 'racetracks' across the UK where people can emulate top gears driving shananagans)

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Dmac1969 said:
It's a pity you couldnt find out where Mr R Evans lived , coz I reckon right outside his house would be an ideal place for an MLR mini meet , Blitz Nur Spec exhausts would be mandatory.....
hes probably one of the moaning bastards who lives by castle coombe ;)

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
mike_turbo said:
hes probably one of the moaning bastards who lives by castle coombe ;)
Yeah! Another 'lycra clad leftie' cyclist judging by the post he wrote , well , if he wants to ride his bike (i bet its the only ride he gets ffs) on the road then he should pay road tax and insurance like every other fecker.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
play a higher profile role in educating the public about sustainability issues
Typical head up ass attitude, people don't give a **** about things i care deeply about so it must be that they need 'educating'

Why do these minority dribblers think they can push their beliefs on the majority? They *think* it is because we are ignorant and they are educated, the real truth is, we know about the issues but don't see them as the massive meaning of life that they do and quite simply, we don't care :D

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Bream said:
STOP THE PRESS:
Transport 2000 campaign to ban the Simpsons as it depicts bad driving by Marge whilst having a child in the passenger seat WTF :D [/B]
They will be trying to get the Flintstones banned next, as they drive in bare feet and the car the own is in an un-roadworthy condition due to holes in the floor! :moon:

Mac.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.