Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Tarmac Tyre Shredder
14,541 Posts
Just got back from oulton,bit disapointed. :(

That circuit is [email protected] for spectators,how the hell are you supposed to watch,1 decent spot.

1 evo there,viii 260. that i saw :(

Bloke in tvr tuscan was an absolute joke! pottering round.

Whats the fooking point of taking your car if your gonna drive it probably SLOWER than you drive on the roads :mad:

Loads of porsches and lotus'.

big-up to guy in pug 205,really giving it a go. :)

anyway,rant over :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Phil, I don't understand your rant about viewing - you've got complete open access to pretty much the entire circuit perimeter!! I struggle to think of somewhere you CAN'T view from ... possibly Shell Hairpin (?). Cascades is a good place to view from, as you get to see that and the run back over Hill Top, through Hizzys etc.

Here's a selection of photographs taken by a friend, at several positions around the track...

http://www.ph-digitalphotography-motorsports.com/images/trackday/oulton-park_07-05-05/index.htm

I was in the CSL with the black BMW M3 CSL numberplate.

Only saw one EVO too - a black one.

:cool:

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
phil lloyd said:

Bloke in tvr tuscan was an absolute joke! pottering round.

Whats the fooking point of taking your car if your gonna drive it probably SLOWER than you drive on the roads :mad:
I agree with that - saw a Noble at Croft a few years ago and was really looking forward to watching it - unfortunatley he pottered around behind an R32 and let everything past.

He did this on every session - what's the point, he wasn't even giving it 50%.

·
Registered
360 Posts
there is a track day at oulton on the 9th july with the tvr club which ive just enterd, only £169 for the day which is cheap
only down side is you have to join the tvrcarclub.co.uk @£43 but is a years membership and they do some good events so im told as my mates a member, :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts