Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to this along with DaveD6, T27 (go on, you know you want to...), my mate Mark and a few others.

It is likely to go open pit (their oulton days always do) - anyone else fancy it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Did you know there is an Easytrack at Oulton day the day after? I was thinking of doing that one - supposedly it's in conjunction with the SIDC, but now presented with a choice I'm confused!!

Kevin.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tony,

looks i should be there with a mate who has a trailer http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >
will prolly be there on teh Jubilee bank holiday as well with Easytrack.

cant wait

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Blade...........Are you running any support vehicle ?.... I could arrange one if needed , to carry all that high octane race fuel and amp; super sticky slicks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought the date was the 29th Wednesday !!

I'm sure I've seen your names down on Easytracks website for that date ?
Think I'll be there, but can't confirm till nearer the time.

Peely.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tony ........I mailed you today.....Nick's going to bring the works van up for support with some tools and amp; some spares etc , can collect any extra bits you want to bring along as well ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dave - yeh that could be really good for me. Can you squeeze in 4 wheels and 3 fuel cans http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/Wilk.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

I may have my van/trailer situation sorted by then...

Just found out my ####ing suspension is leaking (seals).... Double header is definitely out now, but should be able to sort something for the Tuesday :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No problem Tony , I'll speak to you next week to arrange the tie up, sorry to hear about the suspension .........still you always wanted OHLINS m8 http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tongue1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

Just come back from Brands Hatch , full GP circuit in a Radical SR3 ......1` 33 sec lap times running two up with Mick Hyde.........AWSOME!!! this was about 9 sec a lap quicker than the best of the many R500 super lights on circuit :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dave - I need your support vehicle assistance mate.

Carrying a set of slicks and 3 empty fuel containers.

Looks like my Transit 2 Litre auto isn't ok to tow.... can't get anyone to give me a straight answer :(

Russ lives in Kent, so it is a nightmare co-ordinating for Oulton....

Drop me a mail at work with your number - [email protected] or else i will call u tomorrow (when i pick up the number from home).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tony........... YHM |PLS| I don't think a 2ltr auto will be much good at towing the car m8 , if your interested I will have a T reg SWB / semi-high roof 2.5 diesel complete with tow bar , power steering and amp; A/C coming up for replacement soon ?

Jackal.............Yes m8 , SR3 Supersport on order which should arrive mid June :):):D , Iwas torn between spending shed loads on the Evo like Tony or keeping the Evo pretty std as a good road car and amp; going down the separate trackday car route with no compremises , after Brands last Thursday I can honestly say that the Radical is ......AWSOME its in a totally different league to any track car I've been in , it made everything else look slow !!!!!!!!!

Last year I nearly signed up for the Westfield Megabusa , but saw the Radical press release just in time ! really glad , I've been to both factories and the Radical is a really exceptional piece of quality engineering , totally different league to the westfield factory.

Not sure if it will fit in on MLR trackdays as the speeds will be so different but I will bring it along and give it a try :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dave - well hope to see you at an easy/booka-track event after June so that i can catch a ride in it. I think you made a good decision

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Guys,

do you know if one can hire a track car for the day ? I was trying to get in touch
with Bookatrack since friday, leaving countless messages in their answer machine and
no one called me back. As far as I can see from their web site they provide some track
car hire services but it seems like a mission impossible to reach them ...

Regards,

Alex.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Alex - Yes we can, infact our company is hiring one that day as a thankyou to an employee.

Jonny|PLS|co at bookatrack are all in Barcelona on some foreign track outing, and won't be back till the weekend I think. Send them mail... they seem to be picking that up. Or post on the forum and one of the other BAT people will help.

Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tony,

thank you very much. I send an email to [email protected] and I hope to get
a reply back. I have provisionally booked two places for the Oulton event (hopefully
me and my Bro |PLS| 2 other carnuts) but all depends on the availability of Bookatrack
hire track cars for the day (and if I ever get a reply from them).

Best Regards,

Alex.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
C U there then :D

Hopefully my suspension will be on the car by then :(
...and the exhaust... as i nearly didn't get on the track last time!

108db it measured at Oulton and 110db at Combe!!!!

New centre silencer and repacked rear box should bring that below 100db - and I hope lower than that!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Original Post:
C U there then :D
I wish !!! Bookatrack still haven't come back to me ! I want to hire one or two Caterham
superlight for the full/half day respectively and I need to get some info from them before
doing so. I really can't believe what is hapenning :) I left countless messages to their official
enquiries answering machine and that of the urgent line and emailed them at [email protected]
they still haven't come back to me... :(

I really don't know what else can I do ! Should I start emailing each and every of them in order to get
a response ?

Not a happy chapy :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
... and Tony, I hope your suspension and exhaust work on your car will
be finished by then so I can enjoy looking at the back of your car (in case that
I make it to the track)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts