Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have to say I've been on the DC5 Integra site and the Ford Focus OC recently and had quite a laugh winding them up about their "inferior" cars.

They hate having the RS pitched against them (DC5 & Focus ST owners)

Also funny how Vauxhalls hate Fords / Fords hate Vauxhalls / they both hate Jap Cars / Jap Forums hate Ford / vauxhalls and everyone hates BMW's !

Me ? I love all types of performance cars no matter what make / model - no badge snobbery here :D

The MLR will always be my online home though - it's where my slippers are at !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awww - that's not nice - you know i'm an EVO luvva at heart - I would gladly have your car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Ford rs.Little bit tame these arent they :confused: So how come ford have stopped making performance cars?i saw one of these at the pod racing a little nissan pulsar,both standard,and the little pulsar stuffed the £20odd grand ford :crackup: .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,239 Posts
Yea i got the usual "why buy jap rubbish?" type comments when i announced the end of my time with the golf VR6....

At the end of the day some people get soooooooo passionate about their particular car they cant help but turn their nose up at others :rolleyes:

I agree with gsr geoff though.. i dont mind WHAT car it is as long as it shoves :D :D

As long as its not Ford, of course ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
pete1977 said:
Ford rs.Little bit tame these arent they :confused: So how come ford have stopped making performance cars?i saw one of these at the pod racing a little nissan pulsar,both standard,and the little pulsar stuffed the £20odd grand ford :crackup: .
Do you know anything about cars ??? Someone else said this to me on another forum recently - plonkers !!!!

The Pulsar will beat every FWD car going (except massively modded one's) as they do the 1/4 in about 13.6 whereas the Focus RS will be around 14.5. (are you talking about the FRS?)

You are talking about 4WD turbo v FWD turbo - the RS also has a limited Torque value in 1st & 2nd and is not back to 100% until 3rd.
1/4 miling is mostly about the start, which is why 4WD turbo's get such good times - and the RS is held back by the reduced torque.

Kids eh - Huh - oh look mister that £3k Pulsar beat that £20k RS ha ha :confused:
This type of thing happens at every drag event.

It would also probably beat more or less everthing else above £20k as well - they even run EVO's close - yes I should know I used to run against them and i'm sure Chunky will put the pic up of me up against one in my II.

I used to be more grown up when I went to the POD at least 15 yrs ago - and laugh when the GTIR s (which anyone hardly knew about at the time), beat the Escort cossies - now at least we are talking the same power / drivetrain here !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,549 Posts
pete1977 said:
Ford rs.Little bit tame these arent they :confused: So how come ford have stopped making performance cars?i saw one of these at the pod racing a little nissan pulsar,both standard,and the little pulsar stuffed the £20odd grand ford :crackup: .
Ford RS a little tame, suppose that includes my Cosworth, would like to see your on the road with your car, whatever it is :confused: just so i can show you they are not all tame. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,463 Posts
gsrgeoff said:
The Pulsar will beat every FWD car going (except massively modded one's) as they do the 1/4 in about 13.6 whereas the Focus RS will be around 14.5. (are you talking about the FRS?)

You are talking about 4WD turbo v FWD turbo - the RS also has a limited Torque value in 1st & 2nd and is not back to 100% until 3rd.
1/4 miling is mostly about the start, which is why 4WD turbo's get such good times - and the RS is held back by the reduced torque.

Kids eh - Huh - oh look mister that £3k Pulsar beat that £20k RS ha ha :confused:
This type of thing happens at every drag event.

It would also probably beat more or less everthing else above £20k as well - they even run EVO's close - yes I should know I used to run against them and i'm sure Chunky will put the pic up of me up against one in my II.

I used to be more grown up when I went to the POD at least 15 yrs ago - and laugh when the GTIR s (which anyone hardly knew about at the time), beat the Escort cossies - now at least we are talking the same power / drivetrain here ! [/B]
Stage 1 tuned pulsars will run mid 12's on the 1/4 mile so generally will beat most normal/midly tuned cars :coolsm:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
gsrgeoff said:
had quite a laugh winding them up about their "inferior" cars.
:crackup: Cant believe you bit :p :crackup: .Sorry mate i know its childish but i couldnt resist ;) .
Just for the record i drive a GTIR with over 400bhp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Richie Russ said:
Ford RS a little tame, suppose that includes my Cosworth, would like to see your on the road with your car, whatever it is :confused: just so i can show you they are not all tame. :p
I was on about the focus rs,but im always up for a blast,wouldnt be the first escy ive beaten ;) .Looks like a nice spec youve got ,would be interesting to see how the two cars compare :cool:.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,120 Posts
pete1977 said:
Ford rs.Little bit tame these arent they :confused: So how come ford have stopped making performance cars?i saw one of these at the pod racing a little nissan pulsar,both standard,and the little pulsar stuffed the £20odd grand ford :crackup: .
Ford UK aren't releasing any new performance cars. I think the Ford GT, Ford Mustang GT, and Ford Falcon XR8 do a little bit better as standard than any in the current UK lineup ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,549 Posts
pete1977 said:
I was on about the focus rs,but im always up for a blast,wouldnt be the first escy ive beaten ;) .Looks like a nice spec youve got ,would be interesting to see how the two cars compare :cool:.
I know mate, yeah, most Esc Cossies arent 'great' but mine should be a belter once run in, yep would be interesting to see the difference in the cars, im only in Kent so i'll look out for you :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
I reckon ford should have stuck with the whole escort cosworth concept and just improved it through the years,just think what it could be now. The same for the pulsar aswell,nissan should have kept with it over the years developing it,making it better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Ok pete - yes I bit - I was expecting you to come back for a slanging match :)

Numpty - the new Focus ST will be out soon with the 2.5 turbo Volvo engine in (220 bhp).

God knows if they'll ever get round to a Focus cossie 4WD.

Pete - the pulsar's were made as they had to for homolgation rules for the Rallying back then, the nissan's didn't do too well so they pulled out after a few years, hence no need to carry on with the model.
There was a guy where I worked got one of the first one's (back in '91 or 2 ?) and I used to drool over it !!

As I said, hardly anyone knew about them then - hence it was far better in those days when the odd one turned up and beat the then "all conquering" cossies up the pod !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,348 Posts
gsrgeoff said:

Numpty - the new Focus ST will be out soon with the 2.5 turbo Volvo engine in (220 bhp).

A Ford with a Volvo engine, :sick:

Be-still my beating heart :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Sorry but if that's the best they can do, I think I'll stick with my anti-Ford/Vauxhall prejudices ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,499 Posts
Yeah its a 5 cylinder turbo'd job , should sound like a UR-Quattro so thats a bonus , some Volvos are actually not bad at all in the engine department , its the chassis that let them down most of the time IMHO.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top